Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

cushion or seat?

Old 01-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cushion or seat?

Just was wondering on how many are using just the seat cushion that comes with your turkey vest or are you using one of the turkey seats?
I have been using just the seat cushion that comes with the vest for many years, but after sitting on that for a few hours each day, my tailbone would end up hurting me so bad, that I couldn't sit for long spells any more!! I've since went to the H.S. Strut turkey seat with the folding legs and that was the perfect thing!!! NO more sore butts!!!
How about some of you guys?
[:-]
Old 01-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cushion or seat?

Paul , It is funny you bring this up. In the couple weeks I have been getting all my hunting gear into order for the up coming seasons. Because I work shows all over right now my time is very limited in the next month of so.

My seat has been changed , as I used to be the same as you and only sat on the flip up pad that came with my vest. After my back surgery things had to change and I did try one of the flip down leg seats and really found it about the same. The problem I do not like about them is the extra noise level one has with carrying these type of seats into the woods.

Last year I went to the local hardware store and found a rubber tube 16 in that one would use on a small trailer and started to use it. The air that you can blow into it can be adjusted to what ever weight you are and does this change the way you feel while maintaining time at a setup. I have fell a sleep at the tree sitting on this thing, and have never did that before when I was uncomferdable.

Just the other day, I made a camo round bag for this tube to fit inside and now the tube is camo and attaches to the back of my vest , and I can not feel it at all. No noise when you move with it in the woods and your Butt fits right in this thing and it levels to any little uneven spot you may sit at.

I believe this tube is better then the chairs...BT
Old 01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Both at the same time.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great idea BT.
Butdoes it squeak when you shift your weight on it?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:59 PM

I use the same HS Strut seat with folding legs combined with the cushion from my vest. I can stay in one place for a good whilewith that setup.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

I se them both I like the way it gets you off the wet ground
Old 01-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use two cushion seats,one thats attached to my fanny pack and hip pack,and the other is the cushioned seat attached to my vest.Doubles my pleasure,plus I like my vest with a pad in the back also....
Old 01-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

That's a great idea BT.
But does it squeak when you shift your weight on it?
Paul , I hunted all last season with it and did have a small squeek in the rubber as you've moved a little, I think it had more to do with it because it was new. I since covered it, that rid the problem. The noise was not enough to cause any problems...BT
Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sour01

I use the same HS Strut seat with folding legs combined with the cushion from my vest. I can stay in one place for a good whilewith that setup.
Ditto.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Maytom, I was using the cushion but now i use the seat. Try to cushion if I can. I keep the cushion with me, case I got to move quick. Thinking about one of those seats that fold out and nice and cushy!

Quick Reply: cushion or seat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.