Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

push calls

Old 01-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default push calls

Anyone use push pin calls? If so what brand do you like?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: push calls

All though I can run a mouth call very well , I used a push button last year and was suprised to how well I had success with it. Taking birds acoss the land from Florida to Ontario. I believe these are a call that most try to set aside for other calls and are looked on by other turkey hunters as the easy sissy call. With the number of kills last year with this call I have found a place in my vest for one this year. I used the Easy Yelper from Quaker Boy. I also used the New Cyclone that is water proof and it was a success in the field too...BT
Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Haven't used a push-pull or whatever u want to call them since my Perfection call broke( that happens when u sit on them). That thing was the First call i would pull out on a tom under 100tds.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

The push button box call is by far the easiest call to use. I love handing it to children while working call booths...and as easy as it is to use, it's suprising how well it can work. It's not the first call I pull from my vest but you can bet it's in my arsonal of calls in my vest. There have been times, that is the only call that makes them respond. I'd recommend one to anybody, novice, pro or in between.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I also use the easy yelper from Quaker Boy.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not me BT!!!I use my H.S.acrylic plunger quite often!I really like it for its high pitch clucks and purrs..Heres a looksy..
http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/prodViewSKU.asp?SKU=HS06849
Old 01-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have several. I was gonna use the Knight and Hale Lonesome hen, but after I got it outside it didnt sound very good. I do like my Primos and am going to look at a few others when I get back from Iraq to find one that I like!
Old 01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry one .Don't use it much but usually have it in the vest.Mines a Smith's it's a wood call with a piece of slate.I like the sound of the slate better than glass inthat type call.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best call I have, Them turkey's come a runnin'. I don't know the kind though it doesn't have a name?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is that the Smith's you are talking about? Where woudl I find one? Sounds like some good testimonial!

Quick Reply: push calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.