Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Under Armour camo??

Old 01-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Under Armour camo??

Anyone here use this stuff?I know its under garmet stuff and the camo really isn't neccassary because its covered up but I like the idea of possibly dressing lighter if this stuff is supposed to be that good!My sons wear it for football and absolutely swear by it!I know its pretty tough too....anyone??
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour camo??

Bob ,I have to wonder that some of us , like myself , have no idea what this stuff is and what it is used for. Being from the Old school and living in a Country that we don't see these new products for 20 years after they come out I can not answer anything about it and wonder myself what it does. sorry I can't help you on this one , but I will keep my eye on the topic [:-] ...BT
Old 01-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=1&categoryId=43176&qs=6102 228-BobVila_52244553
Maybe this will help BT...
Old 01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob , have you got a link to the company ? ...BT
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.underarmour.com/
I believe this is it Adrian..
Old 01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thankyou ...BT
Old 01-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a set for Christmas and used it late-season bowhunting. It's amazing stuff. No matter how much you exert yourself, there is no clammy, sweaty feeling afterward. You always are dry and comfortable. It fits like a wetsuit, skintight. On the set I got, it said that it is to be worn only in 45 deg. or lower temps. Above that, you'd be too warm. It is designed to be a base layer, so I don't think camo would be necessary.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding of this stuff is that it works great to keep you warm if you are on the move because it keeps your dry but retains body heat. Once you stop moving I am under the impression that it is no more effective than a normal wool long john. I have never used them but I have asked a lot of questions about them.

Tom
Old 01-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

I've used it for almost a year now. I use the Cold Gear, but have a topsimilar to the Warm Gear in another brand. It works by compression and moisture wicking. I feel less tired because of the compression on my muscles, and there is no trapped ordead air because it conforms to your curves. The Cold Gear has a thin lining that adds warmth. I swear by it. I've worn it on rainy days and didn't feel clammy because it keeps the moisture off your skin. It dries super quick, and it helps retain heat. It alsoretards odor. The Warm Gear, which is for milder weather, doesn't have the thin lining, but it works the same way though. They also have Loose Gear that thin but is not form fitting. I've known guys who were using Under Armour for huntingwhen it first hit the scene in the athletic world andbefore it was known in the hunting world, and they still wouldn't hunt without it. I won't either. I sometimes wear only my Under Armour under my Gore-Tex rainsuit on warmer rainydays to keep me from feeling clammy and wet from perspiration. I don't knowif you need camo Under Armour since it is anundergarment. Mine is olivebrown, and it works just fine for me. I probably wouldn't get white though. Wow, I should get a salary from UA.

Shannon
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks for the replys all...you've convinced me I'm gonna give it a try...

Quick Reply: Under Armour camo??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.