Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkeyhunter survey........... >

Turkeyhunter survey...........

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeyhunter survey...........

Old 01-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Turkeyhunter survey...........

Not a good idea. I have seen guys pull their car over, slam the door and start yappin on their calls right from the road. They wonder why turkeys stop gobbling before season.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:05 PM

I don't call turkeys before the season..I will take a new call with me when listening justtest it out. I don't like opening day to come around and I'm not at ease blowing a mouth call in the quietness of the woods..I like to get myself in sync before the season.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only where I cant hunt....why makem wiser and that includes a locator in my book!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Typical Buck

NO DO NOT CALL BEFORE SEASON!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

As what was stated above , some States have regs in that stops the use of calling before the season. I believe most DNR/MNR's bank on the opinion that the more calling before the season , the harder it will be to kill a large population in the season. Turkey hunters playing the making them hard game is what it boils down too.

As Ma and the rest have said , if you want to do yourself a favor . leave your calls at home...BT
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Its illegal here in Ky!!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 AM

If you know there are turkeys there, what is the point? No need to risk them getting wise on you.

On the other hand, its not as big a no-no as it it made out to be, IMO.

Hal
Old 01-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

What's worse is someone calling in your area because they don't want to educate the birds where they hunt.......happens all the time here in my area of PA....arses calling from the road just to hear them.....that's what we heard from one guy....

I agree with most, it's not a good idea but making a law to ban it I think is extreme....like in most instances, education not restriction is the answer....

Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you make them respond today, they may get wise and not respond when you really want them to. I don't call to turkeys before the season. I just drive my wife nuts at home with my practicing. You never know what a turkey is going to respond to from day to day, so why educate them. Just practice where there are no turkeys except for the one doing the practicing...
Old 01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Simple rule: DO NOTcall to a bird before the season that you (or your partner)might want to try to kill later on. It is relatively easy to call in a bird for the "first" time - try it for thethird or subsequent time, and you have your work cut out for you. Still, it doesn't stop the neophytes from wanting to prove their mettle - do not add to the challenge...

-fsh

Quick Reply: Turkeyhunter survey...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.