Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

early or late

Old 01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default early or late

what is everyones favorite part of yhe season late or early season and why?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: early or late

I have to say late season... A few less hunters, Hens are sitting, And all the easy 2 year olds are gone.. Leaving the 3 and 4 year olds for me
Old 01-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I like to whole season, but if I had to pick I would have to go with late season. Less hunters to contend with.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 PM

I like the whole season too!!

Around here you have to hit them EARLY or either about the last two weeks of season. That seems to be the best times around here.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lung Blood

I like to whole season, but if I had to pick I would have to go with late season. Less hunters to contend with.
Ditto!!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the early season , because they are way easy But then again, I hunt everyday of the season so I kill birds all season long right to the last day ...BT
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

In PA we don't have a choice, it's pretty much late season. We don't start hunting til the end of April and through the month of May which is late. The youth day a week prior is always a hot day so I'll vote for the early part of late season...LOL.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Easy, hard, it doesn't matter to me. As long as I'm hunting them. I hunt all season. Don't usually hunt weekends and this keeps me away from the crowds. Have been able to kill birds early season but have found success calling in birdslate season for other hunters. It has been more "textbook" (if that is possible with any turkey hunt) durting these late season hunts but I sure as h#ll couldn't see myself sitting aaround waiting for late season for any reason however.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the whole season too but if I had to choose I'd say early season mid week
Old 01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I like the middle of the season up here in Mn. Our season opens up the middle of April and runs to the end of May,but you must apply forone 5 day period. I apply for 1 of the middle 5 day periods.
The first few periods the birds are generally henned up big time and the later periods the birds have heard about all the bad calling they can stand,unless you can get on good private land that hasn't been hunted.
In the middle periods,early May,the hens up here are starting to go to nest and the birds haven't been hunted to terribally hard yet.The toms seem to come to the call better,especially in the late morning.

Quick Reply: early or late

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.