Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pa Turkeyhunters.......

Old 01-02-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Pa Turkeyhunters.......

Just trying to see if any Pa turkeyhunters saw any turkey during deer season. I hunted: early muzzleloader, reg. season, and late muzzleloader. I didn't see a single turkey or track!! I know that there was a good hatch on my property, but still nothing. I am in the Mckean county area. I don't know if selling a 2nd tag is such a great idea. Just my opinion... Maybe they should sell tags based on sightings, and after doing a census on a county by county bases. Again, just my opinion..........
Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pa Turkeyhunters.......

i saw a good amount of turkeys this year pretty much everywhere i went. i will be buying a 2nd Gobbler tag. my reasons are its not a 2nd tag for hens, then i would have a big problem w/ it. i do wish they would make it so that both Gobblers cant be killed in the same WMU, but that would be hard to regulate. the one thing that PA is pretty good at is the turkey managment. and they say in 3 years they will see ifthis 2nd tag did any bad to the pop. but i do see yourpoint w/ PA having such large amount of hunters and a high success rate, i really hope they keep a closeeye on it. good luck this spring
Old 01-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seeing plenty of turkeys in Lycoming Co.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I said the same thing to jalvja on the deer hunt in december. I only seen one turkey while I trapped up and down your dam hills [:@]

Rob ! you see turkeys in your sleep ! ...BT
Old 01-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Usually see a gazillion turkey in this area.Not seein a whole lot.But it could be cause there is so much feed in the woods this year.We'll have to wait and see.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Rob ! you see turkeys in your sleep ! ...BT
Usually! but then I realize I'm awake and it's only the mount just outsidemy bedroom door, off the loft overlooking the great room.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't be to worried I'm sure there just flocked up somewere else

I'm sure you guys will each get your two bird limit

Good luck to you guys this spring
Old 01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

i think some parts can take a 2 bird limit.....think of how many guys hunt turkeys HARD and kill them successfully?? not to many....you can scratch the weekend warriorsoff the list......21 bucks i doubt TOO many people buy them that arent SERIOUS......im tossing the idea around.....im sick of passing longbeards early in the season just so i can hunt longer.......calling for friends dont work because they cant sit still 10 mins.....last yeari passed too many birds and had tag soup...im nuts for passing LONG beards! but the last 2 years i was tagged out by the end of the first week......this year i should have LOTS of time to hunt.......so we will see.......deer hunting we seen turkeys every day i believe......i almost plucked a longbeards beard off......he wanted to walk through a fence and insisted on it.......i was 15 foot away....hes lucky he got smart lol....
Old 01-05-2006, 08:04 PM

The only turkeys I saw this year, were in Lebanon County, crossing the road while I was heading to Cabelas. But then I live in Lancaster county.

Buddy of mine is taking me out in Juniata county this spring, says he should be able to find me one. If so it would be my first, looking forward to it, but my wife is not. Ah well she will get over it.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:21 PM

we didnt see a single one during deer season. fall turkey was rather uneventful also, but thats how its been for us the past few year. the turkeys always seem to come out of hiding in the spring, just in time for the season. during spring, turkeys are all over. btw-im in crawford county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.