Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Brother thumped a PA gobbler! >

Brother thumped a PA gobbler!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Brother thumped a PA gobbler!

Old 05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Brother thumped a PA gobbler!

With two days left in the 2005 PA Spring season my brother connected with a good one Here's his hunt and pics of a fine way to wrap up the season. I got him into two years ago and now he's out tagging them on his own I'm very proud of how well he did this year and for how far he's come. What an exciting and successful season I've had. First my 2 W.Va. jakes, then my first longbeard with my brother in N.H. and then today for the real kicker a double bearded Gobbler.What a way to end the season.Finally I can get some sleep. To start off let me say I hunted this bird last spring with no success, I say this is the same bird because it was an exact repeat of last year.Same location everything, I hunted this bird for the last three weeks. He would gobble his head off, and every time I'd call he would fly off roost and go the other way. After several attempts to get in front of him today was the day. I set up on the edge of a field just inside the woods. He flew down and was right there,just out of my range. I watched a small deer come up to him and mess with him.The bird actully chased the deer away. With luck on my side the bird started my way, he walked up the bank was at about 30 yrds.The moment of truth. I had the safety off and the sights right on him. I pulled the trigger and " CLICK" the gun did'nt fire. That caught his attention and mine too. We both sat there,probably thinking the same thing -- what the hell was that? What seemed like forever only lasted a second when I made up my mind to pump another shell and shoot.Talk about a rush.The bird had no idea what hit him. My bird weighed 19 1/2 lbs. and the one beard was 10 inches, the other 7 inches.One spur was an inch 1/8, the other an inch an 1/4. MKMGOBL ( Little Brother) is gonna post my pictures. Thanks Tom

Old 05-28-2005, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Brother thumped a PA gobbler!

Cool story, handsome bird with great hooks and beards too! Way to put the smackdown on those pesky gobblers with their bag of tricks!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG for your brother on a nice one indeed!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice gobbler!!!! I would love to kill a double beard!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Really nice bird congrats.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great story and a some nice pics. Congrats to him.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great bird and with two days left. I shot my bird on Thursday as well. Congrat's to bro.