Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Found my desire......... >

Found my desire.........

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Found my desire.........

Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Found my desire.........

It just had to happen..............many of you responded to my post from last week titled "Losing My Desire" and I thank you all for giving me a lot of encouraging words. 3 long years of frustration finally came to an end this past saturday. Wasen't the most exciting hunt, but it sure felt good to carry one home. He gobbled 3 times off the roost, flew down into an extremely foggy field, landed 100 yards out, strutted for a few, and then walked to the gun searching for my soft yelps, clucks and purrs. He stopped at what I "judged" to be 43-45 yards, but turned out to be a measured 52 yards. I was most impressed with the new Winchester X-tended Range load of 1 3/4oz. #6. It looked like he got hit with a truck. No flinches, no flops, no nothing. It was great to finally get some "experience" on my new 11-87. Thanks all, for helping me stay in the game. I'll be taking a friend out this weekend, so hopefully I can keep the streak going.
Mikey
10" beard, 1 1/8" spur on left, broken on right, 19 lbs.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Found my desire.........

Congrats man, glad it all worked out for you.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!!! im in the same boat you are.......only.....my hunting still aint workin out.........might go in the morning...might not......definently saturday........last day............i dont even care about killing a bird....i just want a good text book exciting turkey hunt where they atleast respond! wierrrrd season....congrats on a nice bird!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats nice bird!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job!! It's exciting isn't it!?!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jepcho

Great job!! It's exciting isn't it!?!

It's always been exciting from the time I started in 1995 till now. They dry spells I had the past 2 seasons really tested me because I had a taste of success early on, and failing fro 2 seasons in a row was a hard pill to swallow. I'm happy I got one........if it wouldn't of happened, you guys would of been reading my classified ads containing a gun, vest and various other turkey toys..........I didn't want to quit, but the decision to hang it up would of been easier.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

That is great. Great bird. Took me over 4 years to finally kill my first bird. But once I did, it was well worth the wait. Congrats.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good work Mikey

I had good luck with those Win HV's this year too. Sometimes it takes a dryspell to bring back that heightened sense of accomplishment that you've been missing.

I hope your good fortune continues in bow season as well. That looks like a really nice bird.

Quik
Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

that's great...glad you finally got him.
hopefully the next one won't take as long but remember that all hunters have a dry spell at times...just be patient and it will all be worth it.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

woohooooooooooooooooooo[8D]

Quick Reply: Found my desire.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.