Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkey hunting boot recommendations? >

Turkey hunting boot recommendations?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunting boot recommendations?

Old 05-26-2005, 05:54 AM

Default RE: Turkey hunting boot recommendations?

I walk alot when I hunt! Never had the first blister from the Burleys. They feel like an athletic shoe on your foot. Once again I doubt I will ever own another boot!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Tail Feathers

And the Burly's don't rub blisters on you like most rubber boots?
Well, I can honestly say that I've never had a blister while wearing the Burly Classic 18" boots and I've walked countless miles in them during spring turkey seasons. I can't speak for all the other styles they have though. Although I do own another pair of LaCrosse Burly's....can't remember which ones they are for sure.....they have the airbob soles and are fully camoed and they are MUCH heavier than the Classics. I only tried them turkey hunting once and I could see how they would rub a blister on your feet. I now only use them for stand hunting for deer where my walking is very limited. Give the good ole Burly Classic 18" w/ chevron soles a try and I think you'll be as pleased with them as I am!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:23 AM

I use knee high rubber boots most of the time. They don't leak. I grew up quail hunting in NC swamp country and we always wore rubber boots, and walked all day in them.

Hal
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Burly and that is what I hunt out of most of the time but I will be getting another pair this year to turkey hunt in as well. Not sure what it will be but it will be something lace up. The Burly works great until you get into some pretty serious hills and then they are pretty much useless because your feet slide around too much in them for the straight up and straight down type stuff that you may encounter when hunting in the hills that I hunt.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Are the Burlys the ones with neoprene uppers? Those are indeed comfortable but may be too hot for Texas.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM

I know what you mean about leaky Rocky's TomC. The LaCrosse Alpha Burly is a great boot but here in SC where I hunt I always wear snake boots in the spring. My buddy John bought a pair of LaCrosse's new snake boots this year and loved them, I will be purchasing a new pair before bow season.