Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Best trail cam for the money >

Best trail cam for the money

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best trail cam for the money

Old 12-10-2018, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

I'm using a mixed bunch of cams--Cabela's, Browning, Moultrie and Stealth. Most of them cost $100-$120 although the Stealth cams were a little cheaper. I bought 2 Stealth cams for $99 at Sam's Club for a buddy and he's been getting good daylight pics and okay nighttime pics. I just haven't experimented much with the cheaper priced cams yet.

I'm averaging over 8,000 pictures on a set of good batteries but have learned to bring spare batteries and a tester when I change cards. If you test and change batteries as needed when changing cards, it's rare to have a cam go down. I've only had 1 card go bad so far. On a side note, I spoke with the manager at a Cabela's and he said most of the game cam returns they have end up being SD cards gone bad.

You mentioned best trail cam for the money. That could be a bit subjective and would depend on what you require from a cam. None of the cams I have provide awesome night pics. Most of them are decent with the stealths so-so for night pics. Night pics seems to be a bigger challenge for cams. If you're not too picky on your night pics, you could probably get by on cheaper priced cams.

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-10-2018 at 07:13 AM.