Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2018 pics

Old 09-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2018 pics

Ive majorly downgraded this year and just have the one little spot for me and my daughter to hunt but the first 2 week camera checks looks pretty good. I got 8-10 bucks or so and these 3 that I'd shoot for sure

Hope to have more and better pictures here in about a week and a half. The folks that live on the farm tell me they have been seeing a huge double drop.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jealous !! The third is a brute. Seems to have shared genes with first.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Jealous !! The third is a brute. Seems to have shared genes with first.
Don't be to jealous I always get good pictures on this farm but they don't live there. I probably have less than an acre of timber total so I can't really pursue them. I just have to wait them out and get the timing right.

I'll probably get a good one but it will be a struggle. At least more so than my pictures will suggest.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking bucks. Have you thought about just letting some brush areas grow to thicken up. The CRP I hunt from time to time holds a lot of bedding.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Nice looking bucks. Have you thought about just letting some brush areas grow to thicken up. The CRP I hunt from time to time holds a lot of bedding.
Yeah I'd love to but its a 300 acre crop farm. I don't have any control over any of that. I just get to hunt it and I shouldn't really complain it is good hunting.

Ive been hunting it for close to 20 years and killed a bunch of deer and some really nice bucks on it. Now that its the only place I'll be hunting Its just not as much fun to not be able to pursue the deer. I just have to wait and time it right.

Hard to explain I guess, like I said its good hunting but I'm missing having the option to really get in there and hunt them more.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure is nice to confirm they are there. I now hunt a small IL farm comprised mainly of pasture and hay fields with some timber alongside the creek. Deer including nice bucks travel through it. They bed there at various times, but no rhyme or reason as to where. I wait for roaming bucks too.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Sure is nice to confirm they are there. I now hunt a small IL farm comprised mainly of pasture and hay fields with some timber alongside the creek. Deer including nice bucks travel through it. They bed there at various times, but no rhyme or reason as to where. I wait for roaming bucks too.
Yeah they are always there. The neighboring property is roughly 100 acres of solid timber and holds a ton of deer. I spend lots of morning and evening watching giants on the other side of the fence.