Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
2017 pictures (ongoing) updated 9/13/17) >

2017 pictures (ongoing) updated 9/13/17)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2017 pictures (ongoing) updated 9/13/17)

Old 09-22-2017, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ant velvet-free pics?

All my bucks are clean now. No new ones are showing up yet and my regulars are getting a little harder to find. This time of year is tougher trail camming for me. Bachelor herds breaking up and food sources changing. When we get to the back third of October, bucks will start coming out of the woodwork. We have two planted fields (oats, turnips and clover), an apple orchard and a couple big white oaks. All these are in the same general area in the middle of the property. So, at night, every deer within a few square miles will be partying here. In the day time, they disappear back into the overgrown clear cut that surrounds that area.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Ant velvet-free pics?

All my bucks are clean now. No new ones are showing up yet and my regulars are getting a little harder to find. This time of year is tougher trail camming for me. Bachelor herds breaking up and food sources changing. When we get to the back third of October, bucks will start coming out of the woodwork. We have two planted fields (oats, turnips and clover), an apple orchard and a couple big white oaks. All these are in the same general area in the middle of the property. So, at night, every deer within a few square miles will be partying here. In the day time, they disappear back into the overgrown clear cut that surrounds that area.
Not yet, not any big ones anyway.

Last check was right at the tail end of velvet. I'll be checking this weekend though and they should all be out of velvet now. Our white oaks are dropping like crazy right now.

I went last Monday to help a client setup and adjusted him to the food source change(Ive got some huge white oaks producing this year on that property). We should get some really good pictures there but I don't expect my pictures will be that great because my cameras are still sitting on summer patterns. I'll probably get some pictures on corn but I don't have any cameras on Oaks yet and the beans have turned.

We'll see, I should have new pictures by Monday.

Last edited by rockport; 09-22-2017 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rough check this weekend..I got nothing to show.

I'm not to surprised, beans turned,shedding velvet and acorns everywhere.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rough check this weekend..I got nothing to show.
I know the feeling. The only thing that is worse is when there is a camera malfunction. When you know there were deer there, but the camera shows no pictures. Or, pulling a card (that is full) from a great spot and losing the card on the way back to the cabin. If that made a grown man cry, there would be no shame in it.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I know the feeling. The only thing that is worse is when there is a camera malfunction. When you know there were deer there, but the camera shows no pictures. Or, pulling a card (that is full) from a great spot and losing the card on the way back to the cabin. If that made a grown man cry, there would be no shame in it.
Yeah I did have a couple cameras that didn't work. No worries though I can see where they are all over the acorns. I just didn't have cameras setup in the right places.