Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2013 Bushnell HD

Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2013 Bushnell HD

Anyone else been really disappointed with this years Bushnell's? The video quality is bad, the night videos are bad, the sensor settings are quirky, the trigger time on video has been slow.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was going to buy one until I read the reviews
Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I'm having a little buyer's regret myself.

I found the video quality & night quality are fine - better than my ~2009 by far, but I'm having slow trigger issues on video.

I just traded my 2013 in for another (same model) per Bushnell's suggestion. If this one sucks, I'm hosed... as I'm beyond 30 days now.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my four when it comes to pictures. I really couldn't be happier. I really can't use video though because I let my cameras sit for 6 to 8 weeks between swapping chips so the video files would fill it up to quick. Plus, I like the pictures better than videos. My older bushnells are starting to have an issue or two but I'll be purchasing more when the time come or may try the coverts as well.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the market for a new HD Blackout cam, but was torn between the Moultrie 990i and the Bushnell HD, basically they have the same functions, the Bushnell is $100 more. So I contacted Trailcampro.com asking for they opinion. The advantage for battery life goes to the Bushnell but not by a large margin other then that they said the Moultrie 990i is better. I check my cams once a week during the hunting season and carry replacement batteries with me. I just ordered the Moultrie 990i
Old 01-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by supaflav View Post
Anyone else been really disappointed with this years Bushnell's? The video quality is bad, the night videos are bad, the sensor settings are quirky, the trigger time on video has been slow.
Yes, they have been a massive disappointment. I'll be honest with you. I've have every bushnell camera since the 09' model, and they get a little worse every year. The more bells & whistles they put on them, the higher the failure rate. And this years is an embarrassment. I think it's time for them to simplify the cameras again.