Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Camera question

Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Spike

Default Camera question

This is a little different question. I am a salesman that deals with apartment complexes. A customer called and wants a low cost camera that will take video. They are having security problems and he thinks trail cams will work because they can be moved to different areas. I want to know what is a low cost camera that I can have our buyers look into. Brand, model etc? Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Price wise, I would suggest a minimum of $150. to $200. plus range. I have a SpyPoint BF7 which is total black flash. This one is not visible to the human eye at night. SpyPoint offers a one year manufacture warranty. The camera uses 8 AA batteries which one is able to use Ultimate Lithium batteries. These batteries test 1.79 to 1.83 volt fresh out of the package testing with a digital meter. These batteries are expensive but, give a longer working range due to high voltage and are excellent when used in colder weather.
Bushnell offers a two year manufacture warranty. Moultrie offers one year manufacture warranty. For the security reason I would not recommend IR (infra red) or white flash (which is the same as using a flash camera). The IR and white flash are very easy to locate at night.
To stand up in court a picture has to be very clear, hopefully with a face showing. Vandals etc. are going to have face coverage, wear a hooded garment and usually face downwards. One does not get the distance range at night that you will get during the daytime. Good luck in what ever you choose.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Spike

Thanks. I will steer them in a different direction.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Spike

hi..
This is a little different question. I am a salesman that deals with apartment complexes. A customer called and wants a low cost camera that will take video. They are having security problems and he thinks trail cams will work because they can be moved to different areas. I want to know what is a low cost camera that I can have our buyers look into. Brand, model etc? Thanks
top ten classified website