Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Viewing/Storing Trail Cam Pics? >

Viewing/Storing Trail Cam Pics?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Viewing/Storing Trail Cam Pics?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Question Viewing/Storing Trail Cam Pics?

I have a variety of trail cameras and I have been bringing my laptop out to the field so I can view the photos and dump the SD card to archive the photos.

Is there a better viewer/storage device I can bring to the field for these purposes?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I did the laptop for awhile, then I had a portable DVD player with an SD card hook up. Honestly it was all a PIA. Now I just carry a few extra SD cards and swap them out, then check them at home.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moultrie and Cuddeback each have their own portable SD card viewer that is used for viewing and storing pic's from trail camera SD cards.....not sure which is better but that's 1 option to consider!

I usually pack an extra SD card for each trail camera and simply swap them out in the woods then I view them at home in the computer and delete what's good and worth saving....if I get too many and fill up a SD card I go to the local Store and have a CD/DVD burned to keep the pics and then delete the whole SD card and start out fresh with a blank card!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Get yourself an ipad with the sd card attachment. It's awesome. Sick your card in, download all your pics in about a minute, then put your card back in the camera. Mits nice for all day sits. ,I might switch a card at lunch, then spend the next few hours going through the pics. All on a nice 10 inch screen where ou can easily zoom in.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

I carry my digital camera with me when checking the trail camera,with an extra sd card. View the pics on that. If any i want to save i just put the other sd card in the trail cam and bring the the digital cam home and download on the computer.