Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
trail cam vs time lapse cam >

trail cam vs time lapse cam

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trail cam vs time lapse cam

Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default trail cam vs time lapse cam

Im thinking about getting a time lapse cam,the primos dps system is a lot cheaper than plot watcher pro,so I might get that. I was wondering though maybe I should just get the moultrie m880 trail cam and use the time lapse feature on it. The only problem is I dont know how long the batteries will last on the moultrie, they say that the primos dps system can take a picture every 10 seconds for 14hrs a day and the batteries will last over a month!! Do you think a trail camera will be able to do that? Just curious if anyone has any experiance with primos dps system. If its worth it or should I just get a trail camera with time lapse capabilities. Any Info would be great thanks.....
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to be able to check the camera every three of four days I would go with the plot watcher.

I have some concerns about the battery life though. If I'm correct that would be over 150,000 pictures on the same set of batteries. I don't know plot watchers very well but that sounds like a HUGE number and I'm not sure I'd trust that. I've never used the plot watcher function on any of my cameras but I think if you are going to use it solely as a plot watcher I'd use one specifically designed as a plot watcher.

Whenever I purchase any trail cams I always google the reviews and check BPS, Cabelas, Trailcampro, chasinggame and the like. The last two are ones I really like. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

On chasinggame they said it lasted 20 days 100,343 pics before batteries died.