Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

scoutguard sg565

Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default scoutguard sg565

Does anyone have experiance with this cam? thinking about getting a flash cam for color night pics. heard this cam takes pretty great pics. cant afford a homebrew unless someone is selling one for under $100 . So IT looks like the best one for $99 ebay is sg565 does anyone have one? how do you like it? thanx
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by massman
Does anyone have experiance with this cam? thinking about getting a flash cam for color night pics. heard this cam takes pretty great pics. cant afford a homebrew unless someone is selling one for under $100 . So IT looks like the best one for $99 ebay is sg565 does anyone have one? how do you like it? thanx
Check out the review at: http://www.trailcampro.com
For batteries, they highly recommend the Lithium Ultimate for longer battery life. These batteries are also ideal if using any camera in colder weather conditions. Testing with a digital meter, fresh out of the package, the batteries will test 1.82 volt. Any battery that drops to 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. There are a few cameras that quit operating at a higher reading. This is why some of the cameras will not work on rechargeables as their cut of voltage is around 3.0 volt. Another good brand of battery is the Duracell Copper Top which tests out at 1.60 volt. Good luck in your choice.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one last year, happy with it so far and would recommend to someone who wants a flash camera. I found that the regular flash seemed to spook bucks less than the red glow from my bushnell (I have an old Moultrie d40 with a flash, have several pics of bedded bucks right in front of the cam).

The Scoutgard takes good pictures... After getting some good pics last summer we put up a stand 15 yards from where the camera was, and my dad arrowed the tall thin-racked 10pt second weekend of the season. The only two downsides are you need the remote to program the camera (and it has a really loud annoying beep when you are pressing buttons, similar to bushnells) and it does not take night videos (if on video mode, it will take 1 still picture at night and videos during the day).

Here are some shots:

http://s623.photobucket.com/user/boo...tml?sort=3&o=7

Last edited by Boogeyman24; 06-04-2013 at 09:34 AM.