Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
what is the recommend height for a trail camera? >

what is the recommend height for a trail camera?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

what is the recommend height for a trail camera?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my smaller more compact Moultrie M-100 and M-80 trail cameras...I usually set them 2-3 feet off the ground,a lot depends on the level and angle of the area You set them on!If Your on a hill side You may have to set the camera higher and angle it upward,if it's on a downward slope You may need to put it lower and stick something at the top back side of the camera between it and the tree to tilt it down?

If You get a trail camera with the built-in Viewr You can try it out and then look at the pic on it to decide what height and angle is best?Some trail cameras come with the Red light to aim it and get it lined up but they can be hard to see in bright sun light!

Trail Camera price can vary and quality also,if You can afford the best the Recoynx is the way to go,other lower priced yet good quality trail cameras are the Bushnell,Cuddeback and Moultrie among many others that have different features for many different needs....it can be mind boggling at times!

Go to www.chasingame.com for info on quality,reliability and features of many brands of trail cameras!