Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

leafriver

Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default leafriver

What Leafriver do you guys recommend.
Looking to get a cam with video/snd.
My Scoutguard SG550 finally bit the dust after 5yrs so it's time to replace it.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a Leaf River IR7SS that works pretty well, although the night videos leave alot to be desired. If you have an external flash you could use with it, it would improve it. I will also tell you that it is pretty hard to program, this coming from a veteran in the trailcam habit. I'm curious as to why you are set on a Leaf River. There are many companies out there now that are available with audio.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, what do you recommend for video with audio?
I've had zero time to research anything lately and am ready to pull the trigger on another cam since I'm down one and it's predator season for cams..
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Bushnell that has audio, as well as my Moultrie M80. I know many of the Stealthcam models have audio. If you can wait another month or two most of the camera makers will be coming out with their 2013 models and you never know what new features they'll be adding. Of the cameras listed I would go with the Bushnell. Hard to beat a two year warranty.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 12-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought 4 Moultrie M-80xd cameras from Ebay. They have a 1 near warranty from the manufacturer + another year from the (dealer) I purchased them from. So far they have been good cameras and the people I know who have them are also very satisfied.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

If i were you i would wait to see what covert has to offer in their 2013 line up, it looks promising!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Typical Buck

I've had the leaf rivers for several years. I quit using them cause they are usless. They don't work. I could stand in front of them all day and never get my pic taken. I sent them back in Oct and haven't received them back yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
Ok, what do you recommend for video with audio?
I've had zero time to research anything lately and am ready to pull the trigger on another cam since I'm down one and it's predator season for cams..
I have several cameras with video and audio in the Moultrie series and video in the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. Just my opinion, if you are permitted to set up over bait, then the audio is nice. The down fault of trail cameras is the small micro phone which picks up a lot of wind noise. If you look at cameras that the news reporters use, the microphone is covered with a wind sock to cut out unwanted noise. This is not possible with trail cameras due to there small size. On a calm day audio would be nice to here bucks fighting, turkeys gobbling etc. Most of the new cameras out have video with more coming with audio. Good luck in your choice.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by outdoorsmen
I've had the leaf rivers for several years. I quit using them cause they are usless. They don't work. I could stand in front of them all day and never get my pic taken. I sent them back in Oct and haven't received them back yet.

Leaf River Cameras SUCK. Poor cameras, slow trigger speed, washed out pictures, poor instruction manuals, not user friendly, and even worse factory service. Did I say that I don't care for Leaf River cameras?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Spike

Angry Troubles with LR

Iīve Leaf River ir7ss camera and Iīve some problems last time. There are some troubles with video and the icon for "D" type of batteries is "empty". But when I change the batteries, the icon is still "empty". The counter shows some videos (007 for example) but on SD card there are only 4 (for example) and no image, only dark scene and wheezing. I donīt know whatīs wrong :-( Please help.