Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Camera Question

Old 10-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Spike

Default Camera Question

Thinking about buying my first cam and wondering what cams allow you to view pics in the cam w/out removing the sd card. Just seems like this would be a handy feature.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Banned

moultrie m-100 does and it has all the features you could want.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Banned

i would recommend buying a moultrie card viewer about $120 that way you can carry it and view your cards save the pics you want to keep to a card in the viewer and then clear off the card to put back in your cam
Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by snapper1982
i would recommend buying a moultrie card viewer about $120 that way you can carry it and view your cards save the pics you want to keep to a card in the viewer and then clear off the card to put back in your cam
You can achieve all of this by just using a digital camera. And if you don't have one, most point and shoot cams are in that price range. You're "killing two birds with one stone".
Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would really advise against buying a cam based solely on the fact that you could view the pics in the field. There are many reasons I say that but the biggest reason is that every viewer I have ever seen built into the camera is too small to really see anything. Plus you can hardly see them in the sunlight. A better and more practical idea is to purchase one of thos digital picture frames. Bigger screen but still very portable.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Same here.I have a $50 digital camera I take in with me.View the card....if not much on it,I can delete it right there.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

SD cards are cheap. I keep a few per cam and just do quick swaps in the field so I get in and out of there quickly.
I look at the pics back in the truck with my laptop.