Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Any Experience With A Moultrie I40? >

Any Experience With A Moultrie I40?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Any Experience With A Moultrie I40?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any Experience With A Moultrie I40?

This is one of my older cams that I have out on public land, I don't want my good cams out there.

Anyway, the cam has been working great for years, this year I put it out in May and all was great, last week I went to change out the SD card and saw that the LED screen was fading to the point I couldn't read it, so I took it with me. Within a few hours I went to check it and notice the screen was coming back, after a few days back to normal. This morning I walked 3 miles to my stand and left the cam at the base of the tree, I was going to put back in the cam lock box after my hunt, well I did and I always take a test picture, but it wouldn't take a picture cause it kept going back to the original message, "IF SD CARD IS INSTALLED, ERASE INTERNAL MEMORY" for which I did. So of course the cam came home with me, a few hours later the cam was working perfect, has anyone experience anything like this with this cam or any other cam? Or is my cam just done?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you haven't already done this, check your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery that tests 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly, or not at all. New batteries fresh out of the package may have a faulty one. If your camera was shut off for a while it may have regained some power to start working again. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes those screens go out all the time. Moisture tends to get in there and reak havoc on those things. Bring it in the house for awhile so it can dry out good and then put a fresh set of batteries in and a lot of times it will work again. I think you can still buy a new screen from Moultrie if you contact them. I think they were selling them for $15 but don't quote me on that.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

thank you guys
Old 10-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested it out this morning, I had my two kids walk by it, one was in the house it was black & white, and the other was taken outside it was in color, pictures came out perfect. But I had a brand new pack of batteries sitting my my garage (not heated) so I put them in, but then I got the message once more "IF SD CARD IS INSTALLED, ERASE INTERNAL MEMORY" could it be if the batteries are cold there is so sort of connection problem?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Put the SD card in a computer somehow and either reformat it or complete erase. I know if cards get swapped between different cams and makers, things get messed up and zero pictures. Drives ya nuts....
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

timmy, I have two cards I use for this cam only, I tested the cam having my 2 kids walk past them pictures came out just fine, also deleted the pics as well, just returned from Wal-Mart I got fresh Batteries, now it seems to be working....Maybe the cam is possessed, LOL!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie I40 was the first digital trailcam I owned. I still say they took the best pics of any commercial cam I have ever seen. The screen going out on those is a common problem and it sounds as if yours may be getting ready to die. I'm not sure if you can still get those screens from Moultrie or not but it would probably be worth a try. Good luck.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 10-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

put a complete fresh set of batteries, and went early this morning and it was working just fine.....If I can just get this cam to stay alive for this season I will be happy
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one and kept it a total of 1day before taking it back.
Horrible picture quality for IR pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.