Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Just heavey wieghts.. >

Just heavey wieghts..

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Just heavey wieghts..

Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Just heavey wieghts..

Hi folks, My trailcam is not doing so well with those big Maine bucks. But have I got some heavey wieghts showing up on my cam.. I honestly have no idea on why those bucks are not showing themselves. I did have my old outdated Wildgame Inovations watch a few deer go by it but never triggered even once.. I will be tossing that cam before long. It is a waste of batteries and time.
Anyways here is a video link to yet another one of those big heavey wieghts.. Those moose appear pretty consistantly as this is the 6 bull to come around my trail cam..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DcP...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man those things are just massive compared to a whitetail. I'd hate to meet up with an angry one on the dark.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, day or night an angry one can be bad. Those things causes a lot of vehicle damage in the run of a year. They normally are caught on the highways after dark pretty much like deer. Only thing is they are more like hitting a brick wall. The last one on my cam is prolly around the 900lb mark dressed out.

They can be brought out quartered in needed but you have to bring the complete head out as well to show proof if it is antlered or not.. I think that can be kind of a dumb law as the rack for a bull should do fine. But if it is an antlerless permit..Then what?? Most will try and bring it out just dressed out however long it takes.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Question

Are the moose on a draw in Maine ? Or can you buy over the counter tags for them?
Rocky
Old 08-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks everyone.. I am hopeing none of them decide my trailcam would be a good place to rub off any velvet..

Hi Rocky,

We have to be drawn in order to hunt moose here.. I am hoping that they will increase the number of tags next year. They did a fly over this past winter and they are saying we now have the biggest moose population in all 50 states. That is what those biologists are saying anyways. Most are saying the numbers are down but, my trailcam is saying different to me at least.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Phil
Curious what a tag is worth for a moose if drawn is there. Here our over the counter tag is $36.oo for locals and for an American it' s $260.00 I think. Good luck if you get drawn,there a ball to call in during the rutt.
Rocky
Old 08-26-2012, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here it is not the easiest thing to get.. For an application it costs resdents $15 for 1 chance or bonus permit and nonresidents $15 for 1 chance or a bonus permit. Nonresidents can also perchase more chances that goes up to $55 for 10 chances or nonresidents can purchase multiple of 10 chances each..

If drawn a resident permit costs $55 while a nonresident costs $585 This after the purchase of a big game license at $25 for a resident and $114 for a nonresident..

Also there is an auction for up to 10 permits that help benefit the Youth Conservation Programs threw out the state. There is a $25 application fee for the permit bid. In 2012 the winning bids ranged from $9,760.00 to $11,234.56. I hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Phil
Thanks for the info,I'm just cueious why the States charge so much for non resident's. Ive hunted Idaho and just for a whitetail tag it was $250 and a Elk was $500.00. Going to Colorado to hunt with a friend next year for Lopes ,mulies and Elk for 2 weeks. Lot cheaper there then Idaho.Thanks
Rocky