Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie 100

Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie 100

I just recieved an older Moultrie 100 from my father-in-law. I was wondering if anyone has much info about this camera. It takes a 6v battery and my father-in-law said the battery would die in about two weeks. Is there a way to extend battery life? There aren't any external jacks built in, but could a guy drill a hole in the bottom and run wires out to an external battery that can be recharged (or last a lot longer) and then calk the hole/wires so there isn't a leak? What about flash range? Any info would be helpful!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Google Mouttie and go online as you will find the manual for that model.

or use this link as it came up quick for me

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/Produ...ameras/default

I am willing to bet it is one of the models listed at the bottom of that page.

JW

Last edited by JW; 08-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

bandgod: 1)check the inside of your camera at the bottom for room for an adapter. These can be purchased at an electronics shop. The centre is wired to "positive", the ground is "negative". 2)if you have any old transformers from attari games etc., cut off the transformer. One wire will have a white or grey traser (solid or dotted line), this is positive and would go to the positive post of the external battery. The center of the barrel plug is positive. Using a meter set to continuity will confirm this. If you do not have this transformer, wire set up, you can buy the wire and plug system from an electronic shop. *Do not reverse the wires when connecting to the external battery or you may damage the camera. I put a piece of white tape on the positive wire near the connection and mark it (+) for quick identification. I have also had cameras with the external adapter plug and have rigged up the wire system mentioned to connect to an external battery. Good luck.