Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Big Buck Activity on 8/6 and 8/7 >

Big Buck Activity on 8/6 and 8/7

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Big Buck Activity on 8/6 and 8/7

Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default Big Buck Activity on 8/6 and 8/7

I just checked my cameras last weekend, I have some on the West side of the state (Michigan) and some on the East side. I noticed that on 8/6 and 8/7 is when the mature bucks showed up on camera. I then check with a few of my fellow hunters from the East side of the state and their cameras showed the same thing, mature bucks showing up on the same dates. I checked the weather and there was a small cold front that moved thru on 8/6 but the key thing that I noticed is the Barometric pressure was really high on 8/5 and then dropped like a rock on 8/6. I was just wondering if others in the Midwest saw the same thing on their cameras? I am always trying to figure out what triggers deer movement and it is very interesting that so many mature bucks were popping up on cameras across the state on those two days.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a lot of pics of some nice bucks on both those days, but I wouldnt call any of them really mature.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Two nice bucks were hanging out around one of my cameras for about an hour and a half on 8-7. The biggest buck came by on 8-11 (at 6:15 a.m.) however and my other cameras had activity on other days. The nice thing on 8-7 is that it was from 8-9:30 in the morning instead of at night. I use BigGameLogic.com to track my deer movement. You can sort through deer sightings by weather (wind/rain/sun) time of day or moon phase. The nice thing is that if you put in a picture in your hunting camp, it automatically pulls in the weather for your zip code at that time of day. It's not 100% accurate but pretty good. It might be worth your time to check it out (it's free!!)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Spike

@ bandgod....yes, I noticed the same thing they were moving in daylight hours. Thank you for the tip on BigGameLogic.com, I plan to give it a try.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Fork Horn

I think you'll like it as you can put in information regarding food plots, deer sign, sightings, harvest, all kinds of things to help you realize how the deer are using your property and when.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I'm gonna have to try that.I always try to make.notes about weather and moon phase but sometimes I forget
Old 08-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

What was the barometer? 30.10 or higher
Old 08-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

i had some nice buck pictures on the 7th during morning daylight hours as well as on the 11th.