Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Upping Inventory

Old 07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default Upping Inventory

Hey every one was planning on upping the inventory soon and was wondering what everyones opinions would be. I want moultrie because I have had good luck with them through out the years. I was thinking about buying the new and improved D-55 IR Pro camera but then I don't know if it would be better to just buy to regular flash d-55 for the same price, All the cameras I have now are flash and the deer don't seem to care much so I was just wondering what everyone else would do.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Moultrie is my favorite
Old 07-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's just my preference but I always prefer white-flash.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell has a two year manufacture warranty. I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. No problems. Moultrie has a one year manufacture warranty. I have 3 of the D55-IR and 2 of the M100. These have given excellent service. A couple of things that I do not like about Moultrie cameras are: 1)field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it uploads. When set to video they take a picture first, then the video. What you capture in the picture may be missed in the video due to delay. 2)Night video is limited to 10 seconds which is useless. Emailing Moultrie when I bought the D55-IR, they said they had no intention of up grading the software or making longer night video in future cameras as it would be harder on batteries.
As a suggestion, whatever brand of camera you decide on I would: purchase a camera that uses "AA" batteries because: 1)the cameras are smaller and easier to conceal, 2)if using in a cold weather area, one can use Lithium Ultimate batteries which test at 1.79 to 1.83 volt. These are high voltage batteries. This is the reason they last longer and are better suited for cold weather. Good luck in your choice.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

I really like my Moutrie M100. Cheaper than the Bushnell trophy cam, slightly less resolution, color screen, security code.

Bushnells have a great warranty, and they stand by that warranty.

White flash is great if you are not worried about folks seeing the flash and investigating.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Hey every one was planning on upping the inventory soon and was wondering what everyones opinions would be. I want moultrie because I have had good luck with them through out the years. I was thinking about buying the new and improved D-55 IR Pro camera but then I don't know if it would be better to just buy to regular flash d-55 for the same price, All the cameras I have now are flash and the deer don't seem to care much so I was just wondering what everyone else would do.
well if you wanna go with the D55 flash they are on special, two for one, on the moultrie website. so is the I-35. i got the I 35 special and am very happy with them. here is the link so you can check it out http://www.moultriefeeders.com/catal...ultriespecials
You can get the two D-55 for 120 bucks..

Last edited by Vermont_hunter; 07-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Im a big fan of the moultries myself... I have used the d55's for a years and love them for about two years until the flash starts going out on them.. Idk if anyone else has this problem but i have sent back cameras 5 times with bad flashes... but none the less i keep buying moultrie mainly because i live about thirty minutes from the factory and like the company. I just bought the I 40 xt and like it so far.