Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Anyone know of a good camera >

Anyone know of a good camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Anyone know of a good camera

Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Spike

Default Anyone know of a good camera

Does anybody know of a good deer camera that take still shots and videos i have a moultrie m80 but the warrenty is crap they dont cover animal damages in which ants got in side of my camera and demolished it so with that said im not buying any moultrie cameras does anyone got any ideas of a good camera
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Spike

How the hec did ants get inside the cam ??...I have never been a fan of the moultries and thats one of the reasons, the warranty.

I personally build my own just because I can make still cam/video cams way better than anything on the market, but if your looking for a production unit or something decent the new bushnells 8mp hd max is a good solution and also the Primos Truth Cam Ultra Black Out has good reviews too..
heres a good selection to go through - http://justhuntandfish.com/category/trail-cameras/
personally I'd stay away from anything super cheap, I mean you get what you pay for especially with trail cameras.

here are some good sample pics from my homemade cams
http://trail-camera-pictures.com
Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Spike

Www.jtswildlifecameras.com
Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FIREMANJIM01
I will personally vouch for Firemanjim. One of the best builders out there and a forever warranty.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got ants in my Scoutguard many yrs ago.
I sprayed down a rag with RAID and put it in a zip lock bag with the camera doors all removed.
I left it alone for about 24hrs then sprayed the cam out with an air hose.
It's been working fine ever since and I've paid more attention to locking the door this time of yr so it never happens again.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Spike

Ill look at the site i would be as pissed off if it wasnt a 200 dollar camera

And how the ants got in there i dont know but they was everywhere when i finished getting them out i noticed a couple of dead ants right beside the lense of the camera

You would think if moultrie has all these expensive cameras there would be a great warrenty behind it