Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need some ideas.. >

Need some ideas..

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need some ideas..

Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Need some ideas..

Alright guys I am running low on ideas here.. It appears the bucks are hiding some place.. I have deer, bear, and moose that keep making visits to my trail cam.. But I am confused as to why the bucks do not show up? I know the game trail where my Stealth trail cam is has plenty of game using it. But I am running out of ideas as of why there are no bucks showing up. I have set up a Wildgame Innovation trail cam on another game trail on the other side of this cutting. It will need some time before anything shows up. That is a hit or miss trail cam. It will do for now while I decide what I want to get for another trail cam. Here are a few more pics of what I am getting on my Stealth..

As you can see it is a pretty busy trail.. So why are no bucks moving in? This is all a wooded area with out any apple trees or fields. It is just cuttings with logging roads and skidder trails that are being used as game trails.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

i checked my camera 2 weeks ago and there were no bucks either. the camera sat for just a week. im going to check them this weekend theyve been sitting for two weeks with no body around them. i think just like the october lull the bucks go into hiding and dont move much. i guess time will tell this weekend. will post if i get any pics of bucks.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Awesome pics Phil..thanks for sharing.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's legal where you live, start a mineral site. This will draw all deer in the area. And you know, where the does are the bucks will eventually be there. Keep trying and good luck.

Blessings......Pastorjim