Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need a Good Video Trailcam, Suggestions??? >

Need a Good Video Trailcam, Suggestions???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need a Good Video Trailcam, Suggestions???

Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Need a Good Video Trailcam, Suggestions???

Looking for a good video trailcam. I currently have two Cuddybacks and love them. Good quality and very reliable. Now I want one in motion video.

Any good suggestions folks? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think for the money the Moultrie M80 is hard to beat. Alot of features for a good price.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of the Moultrie GameSpy M100 which have performed flawlessly. At the time of purchase, there were no M80 in stock. Moultrie cameras: 1)when set to video, take a picture first, then the video. 2)field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. 3)night video is limited to 10 seconds. As for audio on trail cameras: if one is allowed to set up over baits, this adds realism to the video. Being the microphones on the cameras are so small and can not be covered with a wind sock, they are highly susceptible to noise.
I have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras and have had good success with them. Bushnell offers a two year manufacture warranty whereas most other manufactures offer one year. Another camera worth checking out is the new SpyPoint with black flash. This is a smaller camera than previous versions, uses "AA" batteries which is a huge plus due to being able to use Lithium batteries in cold weather. I've had excellent customer service with SpyPoint, Bushnell and Moultrie in regards to any emails I have sent. I had two SpyPoint IRB which developed video flicker. SpyPoint checked them out and returned two new cameras of the same series. Good luck in your choice.

Last edited by littlearrow; 05-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I ended up getting a Bushnell trophy Night Vision trailcam. It is so small! I also got a bear cage for it. Both were on sale at Dvor.

I will get in time to take into the woods my next trip to the lease property. Got a few places to scout!@
Old 06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

wild game innovations
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by CabinOutdoors
wild game innovations
I am not sure how these are now. I do have one out right now that was an older one. I am not impressed by it at all. Mine has one of the slowest trigger speeds I have ever seen on any camera. It has a flash that is supposed to work at night as well.. The flash at night shows me nothing except for a black picture of nothing at all. I can not even see any trees near it.

But it is an older one from when they first came out.

Thanks for the post thread as I am currently planning on getting another trailcam as well.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I am not sure how these are now. I do have one out right now that was an older one. I am not impressed by it at all. Mine has one of the slowest trigger speeds I have ever seen on any camera. It has a flash that is supposed to work at night as well.. The flash at night shows me nothing except for a black picture of nothing at all. I can not even see any trees near it.

But it is an older one from when they first came out.

Thanks for the post thread as I am currently planning on getting another trailcam as well.
Well here is some proof that they are good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwrYrtlPzvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWx9jB4iyWI
Old 06-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey PastorJim, quick question for you. You seem to love the M80 a lot but I worry about the battery life woth them. I feel when the colder weather hits it is going to kill the batteries real quick. What is your experience with that? I have 3 Bushnells Trophy Cams and looking to get 3 more here in the next couple weeks. I have no complaints with Bushnell but might want to try something new. I sometimes go 2 months without checking pics so I want to make sure they don't die after a month. What are your opinions?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well here is some proof that they are good
While there is no doubt that your trail cam worked good for you CabinOutdoors. The one I have is purely nothing but JUNK.. I will show you the proof when I go to check it again. It is also like I stated it was one of the early ones that they had out. No video at all. Just pics that have not proved to be of any good at all. I could walk out in front of it set down, maybe pour a drink and it might flash before I have a chance to take the drink. I will post a couple of pics for you to see when I get a chance to check that one again.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Hey PastorJim, quick question for you. You seem to love the M80 a lot but I worry about the battery life woth them. I feel when the colder weather hits it is going to kill the batteries real quick. What is your experience with that? I have 3 Bushnells Trophy Cams and looking to get 3 more here in the next couple weeks. I have no complaints with Bushnell but might want to try something new. I sometimes go 2 months without checking pics so I want to make sure they don't die after a month. What are your opinions?
I have not had a problem with any of my moultries and cold weather hurting the batteries. what i did notice this past year was that they would drop faster down to around 65% power and then stay there for a very long time. i ran one camera from Oct to Feb in New Jersey beforei moved it to OH and it said 60% bat from early decemember till late fed and took a ton of pics in that time (probably over 800). with that being said here is a link till moultries internet specials page. they have some good deals at the moment. http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...x?id=mfrf90097
hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.