Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Stealth Cam Core 3.0 >

Stealth Cam Core 3.0

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Stealth Cam Core 3.0

Old 05-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Cam Core 3.0

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat103867380

Has anyone had a chance to get one of these and try it out?? I can't find many reviews online so they must have just come out recently. They really have my attention for a good cam with tons of options for $100 or slightly less. I have never owned a stealth cam but am super temtped to get this one. It resembles my moultrie m80's that i really like with similar options and size. The thing that will make my decision on this stealth cam is battery life. The m80's have great battery life so would be willing to pay a tad more for a m80 if stealth can't compare. I put battery life high on my scale when it comes to choosing a cam. Nothing worse than having batteries only last a month and you can't get in to change them. A set of lithium AA's in my m80 lasted months and tons of pics. Very impressed. The other slight difference with this stealth is mega pixels. Stealth has a 3.0 day and 1.3 night and the moultrie is 5mp i believe? I'm not a huge believer in paying more $$ for high mega pixels. In my opinion 3mp is plenty good enough for what I need.

Last edited by NEBRbruiser; 05-11-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can not speak for this trailcam. I do have the prowler and the trigger speed is slow for as far as I am concerned. If they have solved that with the one you are looking at then it is prolly not half bad. I get plenty of picks but I also get some empty pics as well. I feel those empty ones are from the slow triggering.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Spike

Hi I have a Stealth cam core 3.0 and I like it, you can set the trigger as fast as one sec to 30 sec, and the pictures are real good both night and day, once I played with it and programmed it to do what I want, it's been real good for the money I would highly suggest getting it, I baught one and ended up going back for another one. I think once you figure out how to program it and set it to what you want it to do you would like it
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jimbo1965
Hi I have a Stealth cam core 3.0 and I like it, you can set the trigger as fast as one sec to 30 sec, and the pictures are real good both night and day, once I played with it and programmed it to do what I want, it's been real good for the money I would highly suggest getting it, I baught one and ended up going back for another one. I think once you figure out how to program it and set it to what you want it to do you would like it
Just curious: has this camera a cover door system to cover your program buttons? This does not show in the picture on Cabelas website. With out a cover, animals or tresspassers could easily damage or change your settings. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Spike

it has a pass key, four digit code that you must enter. The buttons are not mechanical, they are passive. Meaning must have a "touch" contact on them. I really like the camera. The first 4 photos were very white, not sure what happened. But since then no problems. the trigger shots are way better than a moultrie. Im ready to give my m80 away. Small and really works great for under 100 bucks.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigriver12
it has a pass key, four digit code that you must enter. The buttons are not mechanical, they are passive. Meaning must have a "touch" contact on them. I really like the camera. The first 4 photos were very white, not sure what happened. But since then no problems. the trigger shots are way better than a moultrie. Im ready to give my m80 away. Small and really works great for under 100 bucks.
Would be nice to see some pictures. Thanks for sharing.