Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam >

I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

Old 03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Spike

Default I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

I have been doing a lot of research in trail cams and I think that I have come to a conclusion with the moultrie I-65. What I need to know but can't seem to find out is how it handles, stands up to elements and animals, if there is a security box available, and how moultrie customer service is. I have read reviews on all of these topics and have gotten mixed responses. I plan on bear hunting and I don't want to spend the money on equipment to have it ripped apart on the first day out there. Also I am in Alaska and the weather here is much more drastic than in the lower 48. Anyone with this equipment have any advice to offer?

discount gucci clothing
Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I have had experience with a few different Moultrie cams I have had no experience with the I-65. I will attempt to address a few of your questions. They do make a security box for that unit, here is the link. http://www.camlockbox.com/products/m...e-security-box

Here are a couple of reviews for that camera. http://www.trailcampro.com/moultriei65review.aspx
http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=114

As far as their customer service goes, I have had to call them a few time over the years and I can tell you that it's not usually a pleasent experience. You will be on hold forever and while they are very friendly, they don't seem to get to the bottom of your problem. Bottom line is the I-65 is an older camera now and the technology has really advanced in the time since it's introduction. A better choice might be a Moultrie M80 or M100. They are much smaller and therefore much less conspicuous. Good luck in your choice and whatever you choose, and have fun.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

hujh2012: For Moultrie cameras, I have 3 ea. Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR and 2 ea. of the Moultrie M100. Both of these cameras when set to video, take a picture first, then the video. Field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it downloads. Night video is limited to ten seconds. Emailing Moultrie before I purchased the M100, they said they had no plan to extend the length of the night video as it would be harder on batteries. There were no M80 available at the dealer when I bought the M100, which is a higher version of the M80. My M100 has the audio function, which I would not buy again, due to picking up wind noise, even small amounts is anoying. The large cameras the news reporters etc. use have a wind sock (foam) to cut down this noise. If one can set up over baits (bear baits etc.) then the audio would be nice. Moultrie offers a one year manufacture warranty.
Lots of complaints about being put on hold with various camera companies. This pertains to other companies as well. My suggestion is to email the company, giving make model, etc. of the camera. State the problem or question if seeking information, and leave your email address. I find this worked best for me and they have the information in the email to reread or seek help from a fellow employee.
Another camera I am using (7ea.) is the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. I find it a step better (my opinion) than my M100. Bushnell offers a two year manufacture warranty.
I would highly recommend a security box, especially in bear country. Good luck in your choice and good luck hunting.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 of the I-60 Moultries and they are very nice trail cameras!Are You wanting the I-65 because it can be used to send pictures to their web site if You get the transmitter unit with it and then pay a monthly fee or get their 3-4 month plan?