Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: Help me pick
Moultrie M80
75.00%
Moultrie M80XT
12.50%
Stealth Cam Archers Choice
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick

Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help me pick

This is just for fun, so please dont make it a big deal. I am in the market for a new cam, and these are the ones I am thinking about. The cam will be used mostly in the video mode.

Moultrie M80

Moultrie M80XT

Stealth Cam Archers Choice

If you have any other cams you want to suggest, feel free to add them.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Spike

Have you researched the Bushnell Trail Cams, seems most game camera reviews on the internet are hanging their hats on the Bushnell Trail Cam as being tops. I only have experience with the Bushnell Trail Cams, Moultrie M-100's and Moultrie D-55 IR. My vote goes to Bushnell for ease, clarity, video and great battery life. Nice small size too.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

7 each of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy trail camera: excellent service, viewing sreen not worth the extra price due to small size. Keep the better batteries in the lower four if only changing 4 out of 8. These cameras draw more power off the lower four for some odd reason. Bushnell offers a two year warranty and has given excellent customer service when emailing them.
2 each Moultrie M100. When set to video, they take a picture first, then the video. The field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. This camera is an upgrade to the M80. I have had these cameras about three months. Excellent service. My M100 has audio, but unless set up over baits, I wouldn't spend the extra money. The audio picks up a lot of wind noise even under low wind conditions.
3 each Moultrie D55-IR. When set to video, the camera takes a picture first, then the video. The field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. These are a large body camera. Excellent service.
Emailing Moultrie about the field of view: "this is how it down loads". I emailed Moultrie before the M80 or M100 came out to see if they had any intention of: upgrading software to more than a 10 second night video: "no because it would be harder on batteries". Excellent customer service. One year warranty on Moultrie cameras.
Bushnell Trophy cameras and Moultrie M80 and M100 are small, easy to conceal, well built cameras. The M100 in my opinion are a close second to the Bushnell.The 2009 Bushnell takes either picture or video and has a two year warranty. M100 has the audio option.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell trophy cam .....takes up to 3 pics at a time and you can set the delay to 1sec. Just sent in a cam that had a week left under warranty and they sent me a new 2011 model in 10 days ...plus you can use a python lock for security
Old 01-23-2012, 03:17 AM
car
Typical Buck

Out of the 3 you have listed, I have 2 of the m80. Not bad cam and it has several features other cams don't. One heck of a flash range. The m80xt I think has a slower trigger speed.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally wouldn't go with any of those three.