Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
question for all trail cammers? >

question for all trail cammers?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

question for all trail cammers?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default question for all trail cammers?

I just checked four of my cams today. Quite a few pics of does but only one nocturnal eight pointer. Do you think because the post rut is close to being over they are yarding up and not moving much. Next year I have to put in a brassica plot to keep them on my 40 acres. Anyone else not seeing many bucks? Thanks Scott
Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just think their patterns have really changed. I'd concentrate on the food sources.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 12-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

The past 2-3 weeks I've only had a handful of daytime pics and they were of small yearling bucks. I've been getting a 150" buck just about every day from 7pm to 4am and then he's gone.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I know on our property they have changed their patterns. It's hard to hone in on a feeding patern this winter with a lack of snow too. The deer are still hitting specific food sources, but they haven't congregated like they normally do in the winter and because of no snow and warmer weather the deer don't stay on a specific trail. They tend to wander more. I had about a week where the deer had gotten into their winter pattern and then the snow melted and the warm weather came back. Not many pictures for me so far this year
Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

bandgod: I am running into similiar situations hear in southern Saskatchewan and Manitoba, Canada. What sometimes helps if you can set up: 1)at an open field gate, 2)where deer tend to jump a fence, 3)a funnel type area or 4)where deer trails have merged at an earlier time. In my areas, there has been a large loss of wild life due to last winters abnormal temperatures, deep snow, spring floods, then more deep snow in May. The deer were there in January and February (yarded up). Many does also aborted. Most of the deer I am getting are at night time, and scattered as you mention, do to lack of snow.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Without snow the deer have so much to eat. They don't herd up like when the snow and cold comes. I shot a doe last night over my Honey Hole food plot. 9 does came and after dark I had about 20 different deer come into the plot according to my camera. The patterns are not normal this year.