Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
4.3" Moultrie Viewer >

4.3" Moultrie Viewer

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

4.3" Moultrie Viewer

Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4.3" Moultrie Viewer

Here is the link: http://www.moultriefeeders.com/
When this page opens, select "Featured Products" in the left column.
I was in a dealer looking at the small viewer as it was listed in their flyer. This one listed in the link was beside it. Cost was approximately $60.00 more Canadian. The 4.3" viewer is capable of viewing pictures and videos, only on a larger screen. The pictures play the full size of the screen and can be zoomed as well as shifted on the screen while in the zoom position. Videos do not use the full screen. Pictures or videos can be set to play in slide show fashion.
For the members that have cameras with "Audio", this viewer has that capability.
I haven't tested the audio function as I haven't retrieved the SD cards from my Moultrie M100 that have picked up audio sound yet (Eg.-Bucks fighting, doe snorting etc.)
What I have tested were pictures (zoom) and videos in this fashion: 1)both pictures and videos were stored in my document section on my computer. I transferred them on to an external hard drive which I connected to a new computer I just purchased. 2)I transferred several from each brand of camera onto a 2GB SanDisk SD card. These were all on the same SD card at the same time. 3)I inserted this card into the inner SD card slot on the viewer. A word of caution. If inserting cards into both inner and outer slot of the viewer, insert the inner card first, turn on the viewer, then insert the 2nd sd card into the outer slot. The camera will not work if both cards are inserted before turning on the power. Also when pressing the "Enter" button, just lightly touch it has it will pause if pressed hard. All the transferring back and forth did not affect picture or video quality or performance.
Pictures and videos were tested from the following cameras: SpyPoint IRB, Moultrie D55-IR, Moultrie M100 and the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera, all with excellent sucess.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Viewer update: I did a bunch of viewing with this viewer today showing friends etc. Once the batteries got down to 1.2 volt area, the camera started to malfunction. Installed fully charged batteries (1.5 or higher volts) tested with a digital meter, everything worked fine. There was a lot of video and picture viewing before the batteries had dropped to the above mentioned voltage. The 1.2 volt rechargeables would be useless for these viewers, even if bumped up to 1.38-1.44 voltage area as can be done with the Energizers.