Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

time lapse

Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default time lapse

I now have two cameras capable of time lapse. (I didn't buy them necessarily with time lapse as a reason to buy) I'm not sure if I want to invest the money into buying 32GB SD cards. Also I imagine I would have to invest in ultimate lithium batteries. Anyone try using time lapse and do you feel it's worth the investment??
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bandgod
I now have two cameras capable of time lapse. (I didn't buy them necessarily with time lapse as a reason to buy) I'm not sure if I want to invest the money into buying 32GB SD cards. Also I imagine I would have to invest in ultimate lithium batteries. Anyone try using time lapse and do you feel it's worth the investment??
I just recently purchased 2 of the Moultrie M100. I haven't used the time lapse that they are capable of. Several members from various forums have purchased the M80 and the majority of reports I have read are satisfied with them. When I purchased the M100, the dealer did not have any M80 in stock. The little I have used the M100, I am pleased with them. Like any Moultrie Trail camera, when set to video, it takes a picture first, then the video. The field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it down loads. Before the M80 and M100 came out, I enquired if Moultrie had any plans of extending night video longer than 10 seconds. They said "No" because this was harder on batteries. This would have been a great improvement to Moultrie cameras for anyone using the video function.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you need a 32gb card?
My reconyx takes 3pics a trigger and I have it over a salt block for at least 3-5weeks at a time and it never comes close to filling an 8gb card.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

If I set the time lapse to go off every 30 seconds for 3 hours twice a day I would have 720 pictures in one day not to mention if an animal triggered the camera when it is operating in regular mode. If I leave it out there for 2 weeks I would have over 10,000 pictures. Would an 8GB card suffice?? How about a 4GB? I would run through batteries a lot faster too. Would the time lapse be worth the extra cash being spent on batteries??