Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Wildgame innovation camera help please >

Wildgame innovation camera help please

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildgame innovation camera help please

Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Spike

Default Wildgame innovation camera help please

I received 2 S.13X for Christmas last year. I recently took them out of the packages and did all instructions. Neither will take a picture(did get them both to take one each at beginning). Have tried 2 different types of Alkaline batteries, but neither helped. In fact when I bring up screen with the new batteries it shows low charge. The SD disc is 2 GB. Have emailed company and also faxed them problems but no answers. Anyone ever had these camera problems.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by john51
I received 2 S.13X for Christmas last year. I recently took them out of the packages and did all instructions. Neither will take a picture(did get them both to take one each at beginning). Have tried 2 different types of Alkaline batteries, but neither helped. In fact when I bring up screen with the new batteries it shows low charge. The SD disc is 2 GB. Have emailed company and also faxed them problems but no answers. Anyone ever had these camera problems.
Here are a couple of suggestions, if you haven't tried: 1)check your batteries with a digital meter. All you need is one to read low (1.0 to 1.2 volt) and your camera will not operate properly. Even new batteries fresh out of the package, can have a low or faulty one. The Energizer rechargeables are not suited for game cameras as they show 1.2 volt on the package. Testing with a digital meter, they are usually around 1.28 volt. Putting them on a good charger they can be boosted up to 1.38 to 1.44 volt. These are a slow drain battery but one does not have the reserve power that is required. Good batteries even after some use should all read very close to each other in voltage. 2)try a different brand of SD card, 3)format your SD card in your computer first unless it is brand new and 4)make sure your card is not locked. This information can apply to any trail camera brand, not just yours. Good luck.