Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
deer camera with a solar panel >

deer camera with a solar panel

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

deer camera with a solar panel

Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Spike

Default deer camera with a solar panel

im going to invest some money into buying a deer camera but it has to come with a solar panel or have the capabilities of having one attached to it. so does anyone have any cameras in mind
Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are a few small solar panels available out there specifically for game cams. I have tried on in the past but it wasn't worth a poop. I will admit that it was an older cam. Maybe with something like a new Bushnell Trophy a panel might work because I think they use less batt power up. (I have gotten amazing battery life from the Bushnell)

Here's a link for your reference:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Moult...s#BVRRWidgetID
Old 09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The solar panel has to be mounted where the sun can get at it. If you are in a higher theft area, this would be pretty noticable. Any trail camera that has a 6 or 12 volt external port would accept a solar panel. You would just have to match a 6 volt panel to a 6 volt camera or a 12 volt panel to a 12 volt camera. Your camera manual will state what power port you have. I believe to hook a solar panel direct to the camera, the solar panel would have its own back up battery. Other solar panels connect to an external battery that would then be connected to the camera.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Spike

maybe i should make my self clearer is there any game cameras that i can attach a solar panel to and how would i go about attaching it if the camera doesnt have a place to attach one

p.s could you name off some models that have solar panel capabilities
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by coyote61hunter
maybe i should make my self clearer is there any game cameras that i can attach a solar panel to and how would i go about attaching it if the camera doesnt have a place to attach one

p.s could you name off some models that have solar panel capabilities
Here is a list of cameras I had and have that have this capability: Wild View Ez Cam (12), Spy Point IRB (12), 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera (6), Moultrie D55-IR (12). Any trail camera that has an external power port will accept the solar panel. One just has to match up to the correct voltage. I have included the proper voltage in brackets after each camera named above. I have used the external power ports on all except the Bushnell.
I just recently purchased two of the Moultrie Game Spy M100. In the manual Moultrie says the camera is compatible with their solar panel. I have not checked this camera for voltage.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it has a DC port then it will attatch to a panel.
The box or manual will read this.