Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
2 Different Trail Cams Quit on Me >

2 Different Trail Cams Quit on Me

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2 Different Trail Cams Quit on Me

Old 09-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Spike

Default 2 Different Trail Cams Quit on Me

How crazy is that. Two different trail cams quit working on me this past month. The first one a Primos Truth Cam 35. I set it up with fresh batteries & powered it up. Came back to check it two weeks later and nothing. The unit is dead. Does not come on or do anything. When I opened it up it smells like something may have shorted out, electrical smell. Changed batteries and still nothing. The unit is only about a year old. Anyone have any dealings with customer service from Primos ? The other cam is a Stealth Cam STC-WD1. Similar situation the unit is dead, fresh batteries does not come on. This unit is a few years old and I am afraid there is nothing they are going to do ?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your only hope is the Primos. Contact their CS and see what they say. You got nothing to lose.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Truth Cam 60 that has the shutter noise on every picture. I've had the camera for over a year and the other day, I figured that I would try them out and see what they would say about a fix. I told them that was really the only complaint that I had with the camera. The only thing that they asked for was name, address, and phone number. I had to send them $20 along with my camera and they are sending a brand new one. I don't see why they wouldn't replace your camera, hopefully they can get you a replacement soon. In my own experience, their customer service is outstanding..........

Last edited by Jeffro_17; 09-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Spike

I had the same thing happen with two of my Primos 35's. I contacted Primos customer service through e-mail and they responded right away. I had to spend $15 to ship them both back to them but they sent me two brand new cameras. They even upgraded me to the Primos 46 models. Their customer service was great.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

SOunds like I will take all that time and shipping costs for a more expensive camera. Just my opinion. I am partial to the cuddeback's I have had great luck and dependability even in EXTREME cold.