Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: Who makes the best all around trail camera?
Cuddyback
20.00%
Moultrie
24.44%
Primos
11.11%
Bushnell
11.11%
Wildgame Innovations
6.67%
Wildview
0%
Tasco
2.22%
Stealthcam
0%
Other- please specify
24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Game Cam Review

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Game Cam Review

I am interested in seeing how everyone feels about the game cams they have used and what they rate as the best camera manufacturer overall in terms of Price, Quality pics, Battery life, Trigger speed, Reliabilty and Manufacturer Customer Service.

I am looking for the best overall camera based upon satisfaction across all categories. Please choose the manufacturer you are most pleased with and what impressed you the most with their products. Also if you could type in the Manufacturer you have been least pleased with and why.

To keep the review in perspective let's base this off what the majority would purchase and that would be the $180 and less cameras. Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I use Moultrie's D-50 and D-55 and I'm satisfied with them both. They are cheaper but still take clear pictures. Only thing I would change is the trigger speed on the D-50 but it's a good camera to put at a feeder or over a salt lick.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know alot of guys have had problems with the Cuddeebacks, but I still like them, and have never really had any problems with them, so my vote goes to Cuddeeback.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of those listed, I would vote for Bushnell as the best I have owned. Trigger speed is second only to my Reconyx and it's size makes it my top choice of those listed. My worst dissapointment was by far Cuddeback Capture. Poor sensing ability, average pictures, and over hyped and overpriced. I will say the Moultrie I-40s I had took the very best pics of any commercial cam I have ever owned.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reconyx cameras. I have not used any of the others in about 8 years or so.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Spike

Reconyx is hands down the best quality game camera available. The price is high, but it is hands down the best camera out there.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

let me know where you find reconyx cams in the $180 or less category like the original post mentioned and il be there. yes im sure they are very good cams and they darn well better be for the price.
all ive used is moultrie cams and have had great luck in particular with the i40's and the new m80's. can get either one now for about $120. Has all the options i'll ever need. night pic quality is my biggest factor when buying a cam because it seems most of my early season pics are at night and the m80 really lights up the night unlike some of the cams.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Spike

I used to be a Moultrie guy and was pleased with them. I switched to cuddeback because of the hype and marketing and was sorely dissapointed with the capture. I took 2 of them back at least 4 times and it was same problems different camera. I now use the primos truth cam $99.99. I own six of them and havent had trouble with any of them. Great battery life and solid pictures day and night are most important to me and these cameras have it. I highly suggest trying one if you havent. cudde vs. primos included.
Attached Thumbnails Game Cam Review-prms0406.jpg   Game Cam Review-prms0066.jpg   Game Cam Review-cdy_0020.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

My vote is for the Trail Watcher 4220. The Sony camera it uses takes excellent pictures, it is very reliable and customer service is second to none.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for Moultrie followed by Wildview Xtreme 4 & 5 cams over the last few years. Its ashame you given up on Moultrie because the M-80 is hands down the best cam on the market for the money!! I bought six of them a couple of months ago and love them!! I did have problems with one of them out of the box but Moultrie had a new one at my door in only 8 days from the time I mailed it back to them. Good Luck this year bud!! Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.