Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

How Often

Old 08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Spike

Default How Often

How often do you all go out and check your trail cams? I don't like going so often but it is hard not to.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only check my cams every 4-6 weeks but that doesnt mean its not tough because I am chomping at the bit and I only checked them 2 weeks ago today. Also I only check them between Midnight and 2 AM. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-06-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I check mine about every two weeks, which I think is about the average for most. Just be careful with your scent and treat these trips as you would a hunting trip, causing as little disturbance as possible. I know it's hard to wait. It's almost like when you were a kid at Christmas, the anticipation just about kills you.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been checking mine just about every weekend.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some are checked every week, while the others usually 10 days to two weeks. The ones checked weekly are also used for security.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

i check mine every week. i just can't hold myself back longer then a week i have 4 out now and i tried to get them so i check them all on different days. i wish i could wait longer probably have more and bigger deer. i have been having a nig problem this year with bears thinking my cameras are toys and batting them around lightly and moving them so i don't get any pics > but they haven't broke any yet. thats the other reason i check often, a camera pointed at the ground for a week doesn't help much lol