Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
keep or send em back? >

keep or send em back?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

keep or send em back?

Old 07-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default keep or send em back?

My buddy and I ordered Wildview x8ir cameras from a web site and instead received Wildgame micro 8 red cameras, should I send them back or keep them? I have never used either brand of camera, what do you guys think? the wildview uses 4 c batteries and the micro 8 uses 8 aa batteries.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

word of caution, once the package is opened, you may not be allowed a return. To return an item most companies request you to get a return authorization number, and submit a copy of the bill of sale. Good luck.

Last edited by littlearrow; 07-29-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Did not accept my full response.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marquismarc: The Wildview x8ir lists at $99.99 on BassPro, while the Wildgame micro 8 red lists at $149.99 on: synergystore.net/microred.aspx, then sellecting "buy" which will take you to another site with their price. The website you purchased from, may have been out of stock and substituted a higher priced camera. I would email them for an explanation. Also inquire what warrantee they give. The majority of the manufactures give one year, while a couple offer two year. To return an item you would need a return authorization number and a copy of your bill of sale. If the seller was on EBay, there will be no warrantee, unless they are backed by the manufacture.
I had 10 of the Wildview Ez Cam which were an early version. These cameras were very hard on batteries unless using the 12 volt external port which added to your cost. Since the invention of video trail cameras, I have since sold my WildView. At that time Wildview had poor customer service. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep 'em, they sell for more than the ones you ordered.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

We decided to keep them, and so far the picture and video quality has been excellent.....hopefully in 3 weeks after a camera check I will have some nice things to share.