Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Wildgame/Replacement Camera >

Wildgame/Replacement Camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildgame/Replacement Camera

Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wildgame/Replacement Camera

I got my replacement camera from Wildgame Friday and set it up Saturday to begin the test as to whether or not it is any better than the last one. The batteries were only lasting 10 to 12 days with the other one after taking only 98 to 100 pictures. They said it had a short and would send me a new one,which they did. Results to follow later after a two week trial run. If it performs no better than before I'll surely not by that brand again,at least not the cheaper ones for sure.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad they sent you a new camera, hope it performs better for you. Keep us updated.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Spike

I love WGI cameras. I have never had any problems with battery life from mine. I guess I know what to expect for what I buy. Everything before the IR4 09 model isn't that great. I have used the s2 and just didn't perform. The IR4 is the lowest priced that will do the job right. They redid the IR4 in 2010 and it is even better. I would recommend the X6C or any of their new models that came out this year.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by BearCaller
I love WGI cameras. I have never had any problems with battery life from mine. I guess I know what to expect for what I buy. Everything before the IR4 09 model isn't that great. I have used the s2 and just didn't perform. The IR4 is the lowest priced that will do the job right. They redid the IR4 in 2010 and it is even better. I would recommend the X6C or any of their new models that came out this year.
It's an Ir3c and I knew it was one of the cheaper models but I expected a little better batterie life than 10 to 12 days. Thanks for your comments on the better models which you have used,I'll keep an open mind toward thier brand even if this one still does not perform a little better.