Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bad Uway NT50B

Old 07-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bad Uway NT50B

This is probably my 4th or 5th NT50B that I've had trouble with. It won't take videos or pics and when watching the IR array with my cell phone camera all the emitters will light for a split second and then one second later only the bottom half of the emitters will flash for a split second. It will take a pic with the shot button but that's the only way. I've tried two different SD cards with no difference. I was thinking these had a default option on the remote but guess I'm thinking about my SG560. Anybody else had this problem? BTW I had the video set for 30 seconds and the photo burst for 9.

Here's a video I recorded with my cell phone.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I don't know. Looks like a control board problem to me I'd contact the company. Hope you get it worked out.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Sad part is this is a replacement that I sent in back in February so it's never been in the woods!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

UWAYs are POSs. I wouldn't own one myself.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I sent the cam off to HCO and got a replacement in eight days! Here's the real kicker. Out of all NT50b's I've bought this replacement was the first to ever come in a green colored box with a picture of the actual camera and remote on it. All my other new or replacemnets came with a plain white box with a NT50B sticker on it. Also the one I sent back the serial number was 954 which I received back in February. This new cam serial number is 0002764 (I think) and the cam I sent back was 00000954. So I'm beginning to wonder if all my cams, new and replacements were refurbs with the low serial numbers and white boxes.