Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
reconyx hc600 problem >

reconyx hc600 problem

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

reconyx hc600 problem

Old 06-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Spike

Default reconyx hc600 problem

I bought a reconyx hc600 in December of last year and i put it up for this season about 2 weeks ago. Today went back to switch cards and when i opened it up to check how many pictures i had nothing was displaying so i turned it off and got my card. When i turn it on the backlight will come on but no words are displayed . I know the batteries are good because i just bought them but i took them out and put them back in and still the same thing. So i brought the camera home and checked the card and it took pictures the whole time, even one of me coming to check it. So I'm thinking something is wrong with the display. I'm planing on calling the company tomorrow to see what they can tell me. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this type of problem with recoynx before. Or if anyone knew anything about recoynx as far as their repair times goes?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Reconyx and had to send it in for repairs one time. They had it back to me within a week. I would call them and tell them what your problem is and maybe they can resolve it over the phone. I can tell you this for sure, their customer service is absolutely top notch. You will be speaking to an American who probably built the camera.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 06-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply pastorjim. I will be calling them tomorrow. I am glad to hear that they have really good customer service and i won't be waiting weeks to get my camera back into the woods.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Reconyx has the best service of any camera maker. That being said I would contact Reconyx and ask for Justin. More than likely you will have to send the camera to them but because they have very few problems with their cameras it will be back to you within the week if sent out tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Before I did anything I'd try new batteries and test your current ones with a meter.
Are you using namebrand lithiums?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

VaWhitetailHunter: As pnut mentioned, one of the better accessories to have is a meter, I prefer digital. Sometimes just because parts (in your case Batteries) are new, they can still be faulty. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Spike

Thanks for the reply's guys. I bought a new pack of batteries and tried those and still the same thing so i called the company. They told me that it was most likely caused by the screen getting damp. I don't know how it got damp because the two weeks it was out it never rained. I guess it could have been the dew. They told me they would replace the screen and have it back within 5-10 business days. I do have to say that reconyx has the best customer service of any camera company i have delt with to this point. Unlike the other companies i have had to deal with i didn't get put on hold and the person i spoke to seemed to know what they were talking about. So i guess ill have my camera back and working within the next week.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will be very pleased with their cameras. Although these are not ones that you just put in the closet an buy a new one. The customer service is top notch in my opinion. They usually have a turn time of about 10 days.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Reconyx. It's taken about 7k pics in 4 weeks and the battery meter hasn't moved yet.
I run Energizer Lithiums.

Last edited by pnut; 06-22-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Spike

I just bought a Reconyx HC600 after waiting for the past year for the right moment. Tomorrow will be my first night to get it out of the box and to start playing around with it. My question for an experienced user is this. How high can the camera be placed up a tree and still take pictures. Could it be used to cover a field/meadow if it was 10 feet up and at the right angel? I'm planning on experimenting at home before setting it up but I was curious if anyone tried this before.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.