Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Finally Happened to Me >

Finally Happened to Me

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Finally Happened to Me

Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finally Happened to Me

Got my first camera stolen! It was one of my very reliable 09 BTCs. It was pulling security duty at my farm which is two hours from my home. It was in a CamLockBox lagged to the tree with a python cable through it at the top and key lock in the bottom hole. Found the python cable where they had snipped it through cleanly tossed at the edge of the field behind the house in the high grass (about 60 ft from the circle driveway). CamLockBox had been ripped from the tree it had been lagged to with two bolts. They wanted it bad or even worse didn't want me to have what was on it. Went up to the farm Friday night to do some yote hunting on Saturday & Sunday (unsuccessful). It has happened within the last two weeks as that was the last time I was up there. Nothing else was taken and the house showed no signs of forced entry. I didn't file a police report although I guess I should have.

Now I have to ask myself, is is worth it to try a Ltl Acorn MMS Low Glow located in a different place and take an old WGI and lag it and lock it where the other one stolen camera and hope they don't see the Ltl Acorn. ATT is not the strongest carrier in those parts to begin with.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Spike

That sucks! At least he didn't take any of your '11 ones...BTW, Do you like them so far?

The bad thing about trying to get him with the little acorn is that it doesn't send you 100% of the pictures that it takes. It only sends around 60-65% of them.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

J.M.A.N Sorry to here of your loss. If some one wants things bad enough, they will find ways to get it. I haven't used any 2011 models, but have been very satisfied with the Bushnell 2009.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I always hate to hear that. Someone posted a while back about getting a camera stolen. They starting checking the local craigslist and ended up catching the thief within a week. You might give it a try.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I know how it is. It really sucks. I'm still paranoid to this day to leave my camera out in the woods even with the security box with the cable and locks
Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks.
Another thing to make sure to do is use the security keys on the cams.
This makes the cams useless to anyone that doesn't know the key.
Some idiots will contact the manufacturer about not knowing the key.
If you register the cam and report it stolen to the manufacturer then there is a chance of getting it back that way as well.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buckaddict
That sucks! At least he didn't take any of your '11 ones...BTW, Do you like them so far?

The bad thing about trying to get him with the little acorn is that it doesn't send you 100% of the pictures that it takes. It only sends around 60-65% of them.
I haven't pulled the cards on the '11 models yet but will in two weeks...let you know more then.

I have been told that if you set the Ltl Acorn up to a 2 minute delay between pics you will recieve 100% of the pics. If I place it high enough in a tree, it would take them longer than that to get to it so I might just have their picture. Hate putting out that kind of money for something that might get stolen but guess that beats the alternatives.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that Joel, hopefully you will catch the scumbag!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Spike

that sucks i hope ya catch them