Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trophy Cam >

Bushnell Trophy Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Cam

Old 05-27-2011, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam

I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam - the camo unit with lower MP (not as many IR lights, I think made for Cabelas). I had issues with it all winter. Instead of taking a pic and waiting the delay time (say 20 min.) it was taking a pic every 20 min. regardless of whether an animal was there or not. After calling Bushnell customer service (1st time), they said it was likely the sensor level was incorrectly set (high vs normal vs low) and the camera was sensing heat during the cold weather more easily. This made sense because I brought the cam into the house and it worked fine (high temp). They also said I could download an upgrade from the website. So I set it out again and still got same results (although somewhat less - would work right for periods, then evey 20 min for other periods). After calling again trying to figure out how to get download and if I actually needed it, the rep said the unit is likely bad and I should send it in (this is the day before I was going to the Adirondack to put it up for 2 months).

So my question is: Anyone else have this issue and were you able to solve it??

PS - the battery life on this cam is as advertised - mine was up more or less for 3+ months and took 1000s of pics and battery was still 75%.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one last August worked great until about Dec. Water started getting in. I mailed it in and a few weeks later they sent me a brand new one still in the package. I was happy. I put it out the start of March to get pictures of turkeys and it was doing great. Come April we got 17 inches of rain and I think some more water got in the new one. It caught on fire by the looks of it. The batteries were all black and split open. The screen had a dime size hole melted in it where the wire goes in from the battery side. I sent it in two weeks ago. I like the camera pics are great and battery life is great. I also just bought a home-brew a guy made for me I will be buying another one of those. It is a great little set up/
Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I would return it Bushnell and ask for a replacement upgrade to the new Black LED for your troubles. They did it for me on all three '10 models.

I have found battery life to be excellent with all of the Bushnell models. I have used Duracells and RayoVac in the past with great results. I have switched over to Tenergy rechargeables for everything now and really enjoy the pic counts with them as well.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by J.M.A.N.
I would return it Bushnell and ask for a replacement upgrade to the new Black LED for your troubles. They did it for me on all three '10 models.

I have found battery life to be excellent with all of the Bushnell models. I have used Duracells and RayoVac in the past with great results. I have switched over to Tenergy rechargeables for everything now and really enjoy the pic counts with them as well.
X2

Blessings......Pastorjim