Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Reconyx owners SDHC question >

Reconyx owners SDHC question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx owners SDHC question

Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reconyx owners SDHC question

Anyone else running the newest Reconyx cams?
What class of SDHC cards are you running?
Reconyx recommends the latest/fastest cards.
I'm looking at class (6) but wondering if anyone is using 4's.
Looking at the Sandisk and Toshiba cards.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heard back from Reconyx and they said that if I want more than 2pix/sec then I should use a class6 or 10 card.
I think I'm going with the Sandisk class10's.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know what your talking about, I use an sd 2 and an sdhd4 that I got with a cam I took back.

The cam snaps off pics very fast. I can't imagine needing them any faster. They are almost so fast that if you view them as a slide show it's like watching a video. Any faster and you'll end up with 50 shots of the critter licking it's butt. A couple days and you'll have thousands of pics.

Great cam.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I'm talking about is that Reconyx recommends at least a class 4 card to do 2shot Rapidfire but if you want more then they recommend class6 or 10.
I bought 2 Toshiba 16gb Class10 cards from Sams.
It's one of the cards that they recommend because it's one they test with.

I contacted them to find out how to get the MOST out of the cam and if it takes spending a little more for a quicker card then I'm going to do it.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pnut
What I'm talking about is that Reconyx recommends at least a class 4 card to do 2shot Rapidfire but if you want more then they recommend class6 or 10.
I bought 2 Toshiba 16gb Class10 cards from Sams.
It's one of the cards that they recommend because it's one they test with.

I contacted them to find out how to get the MOST out of the cam and if it takes spending a little more for a quicker card then I'm going to do it.

All greek to me, I'm not very good with camera stuff, this cam is real easy to use. Mine snaps of a burst of 3, I didn't know there were options. 16gb sounds like it will be more than enough. My brother lives in an area with a lot more game so he put his on feeder mode otherwise he'd be getting thousands in a couple weeks. I wouldn't know what to do with more with just the 2gb card, really is something.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I run one a two GB cards in mine. From what I understand the faster cards only allows the pics to be downloaded faster. If that is what you are talking about in reference to the cards.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brother just check his cam and I don't think he has any special card. 2 weeks-4000 pics. He didn't put lithiums in and is still at 88% battery. I don't think his cam started at 100% with just the regular batteries, mine started at 99% with just the lithium. I think the extreme lithium puts it at 100.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Reconyx paperwork said, NO ALKALIKE batteries or your warranty will be void.
Doesn't matter because Lithiums are far better anyway and I've switch my other cams to them already.
The faster cards allow faster writes to the card during "RapidFire".
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pnut
My Reconyx paperwork said, NO ALKALIKE batteries or your warranty will be void.
Doesn't matter because Lithiums are far better anyway and I've switch my other cams to them already.
The faster cards allow faster writes to the card during "RapidFire".
Not all their cams. The security cams said no, the 500 is ok but they warn it won't work as well.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Spike

In my HC600 I am using a class 4 8 gb sandisk ultra card, and when in rapidfire mode it takes pics during the burst at pretty much 1 per second. Don't see no need to spend the extra for the high class cards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.