Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Simple Sniper Kit >

Simple Sniper Kit

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Simple Sniper Kit

Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Simple Sniper Kit

Anyone buy and use this kit off of the snapshot sniper site. You just add the camera after you put together.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

I won't purchase from WTS. Very hard people to get to answer an email or phone call. Gary@Snapshotsniper will return every call!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the sniper board on my last build but I have never used the entire kit. I think those kits on snapshot actually are sold through Whitetail supply, whom I've heard negative things about. Yeticam also sells complete kits. Just curious, why do you want to buy the kit, the parts are cheaper if ordered separately. Also, what kind of camera are you going to use?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Just tired of the commercial cameras that you have to send back in.. I dont have a lot of electrical skill is one problem.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Spike

It isn`t all that hard. I just started my first build and it`s easier than I expected. The hard part is just deciding to do it. Taking apart a perfectly good camera isn`t natural.

Here are 2 videos on how to do a P32 hack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKYIQMHllE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxQkK...eature=related

Here`s a PDF file that tells what to do and has pictures. It`s for a P32, also.
http://bfoutdoors.com/PDFS/Sony%20P3...wer%20hack.pdf

There are a bunch of cameras to use, but, most would say that the Sony P32 is, probably, the easiest.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
Just tired of the commercial cameras that you have to send back in.. I dont have a lot of electrical skill is one problem.
Believe me, I don't have alot of electrical skills either but you can do this. When you decide what direction you are going for sure, let me know and maybe I can help you. If I don't know how to do something, I know others who will help. Good luck!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its intimidating at first, but it really is not that hard. For my first build, I ordered the kit from Yeti. Very easy to do, just like building a model. But the kits really are more expensive. You could just look at the kits, write down all the parts that are in the kit, an then buy them seperate. I just finished my second build, and I ordered everything seperate. the hard part is, you might end up ordering from a couple different places. Just let us know if you need any help.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I need to look into this more then.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I need to look into this. What is the Yeti site? I looked and it came up video games.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
Thanks guys. I need to look into this. What is the Yeti site? I looked and it came up video games.
Here you go.

www.yeticam.com

Blessings......Pastorjim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.