Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Getting closer

Old 02-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Getting closer

Finished my first Camera hack last ninght, and it works! It was on a Sony P32. Found out my eyes are not as good as I thought, those contact that you have to solder are really small. All I have left now, is to hook up the wires to the board, and re-route some wires, and it will be ready for the woods.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Darren, can't wait to see your pics. You know you can get a ribbon-like piece that eliminates any soldering. It just slides in behind the camera ribbon and thats it. I will make a confession about my builds. When I do have to solder, I have such a bad hand tremor that my wife has to do it for me. Hope I don't lose my man-card for that confession. I too have have a hard seeing some of the contact points. I got one of those magnifying visors and it really helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Last edited by PastorJim08; 02-24-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Way to go Darren, can't wait to see your pics. You know you can get a ribbon-like piece that eliminates any soldering. It just slides in behind the camera ribbon and thats it. I will make a confession about my builds. When I do have to solder, I have such a bad hand tremor that my wife has to do it for me. Hope I don't lose my man-card for that confession. I too have have a hard seeing some of the contact points. I got one of those magnifying visors and it really helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Thanks PJ, I used a shudder assembly from BF Outdoors, but I still had to solder the wires to the shudder assembly dont I. I hope I did this right. No, you didn lose your man-card, I probably should have had my wife do mine, as much problems as I had. It sure gives you a cense of pride, knowing you did all.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Thanks PJ, I used a shudder assembly from BF Outdoors, but I still had to solder the wires to the shudder assembly dont I. I hope I did this right. No, you didn lose your man-card, I probably should have had my wife do mine, as much problems as I had. It sure gives you a cense of pride, knowing you did all.
Yes you do with the BF shutter assembly. My last build I used an SA from snapshot sniper and it had a stero jack on the opposite end so all I had to do was plug it in to the board. I am wanting to use the BF board on my next build.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a good idea, I didnt know snapshot sniper SA was like that.