Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell 2010 Trohpy Cam "runaway sensor"?? >

Bushnell 2010 Trohpy Cam "runaway sensor"??

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell 2010 Trohpy Cam "runaway sensor"??

Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Spike

Default Bushnell 2010 Trohpy Cam "runaway sensor"??

Just searching out there in the real world to see if I'm the only one who is having a "runaway sensor" problem w/ the new Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT 2010 model # 119435. I just talked to customer service this am & they are sending out my 5th camera under waranty. I have 2 of the older models that have worked without any problems. The 4 XLT cameras have had problems from the get go, right out of the box, with taking up to 1597 photos in one night of nothing until batteries depleated.. Most are only a few seconds apart when I have cam set for a 30 second delay. I have the old cameras right along side the new ones & they work just fine. Am I the only one, according to Bushnell, I am..
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first 2010 Bushnell had that problem. I called Trailcampro, where I had purchased it from, and they replaced it immediately. The replacement camera has never had that problem. The run-away problem was a common problem, especially on the first batch of 2010 cameras. You might try turning down the sensitivity, especially in colder weather. I'm not sure if this will help but it's worth a try. By the way, welcome to the forums!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Spike

Default Trophy Cam

Thanks "PastorBob" for your answer.. Yes, I had each camera set to normal.. The 1st XLT2010 model that failed was back during Aug. to Oct. of 2010.. Weather doesn't seem to be a factor.. Thanks Sir & God Bless.. We sure need Him on our side in this world today w/ the mess she's in..
Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by montanabuckhunter
Thanks "PastorBob" for your answer.. Yes, I had each camera set to normal.. The 1st XLT2010 model that failed was back during Aug. to Oct. of 2010.. Weather doesn't seem to be a factor.. Thanks Sir & God Bless.. We sure need Him on our side in this world today w/ the mess she's in..
Sorry {PastorJim}
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Spike

I just sent 2 2010 bushnel models for that back to trail cam pro.I am going to buy 2 of the new reconyx hc600 with out the IR light showing.But i do have 2 of the 09 models and they have been great .They have been out for a year and still using same batteries...
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Spike

This is a very common problem with the 2010 BTC. You can get a lot of information here on all the problem the 2010 cameras are having. The 09 cameras were great cameras , but Bushnell switch manufacturing companies in 2010 and that was a huge mistake.
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php
Old 02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have the runaway trigger problem on mine (happened once during the 90 day return policy, then worked until about day 100). Haven't spoken to bushnell yet (need to get the usb cord from my hunting area this weekend) but they're supposed to have the return policy so i'll have to start with CS.

good luck to you, are they just replacing the camera for you? i was unbelievably frustrated to treck way back to get my camera after gun season through 2 feet of snow only to have had it fill up 3000 pictures in 48 hours after i set it up!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Spike

I bought the 2 bushnel 2010 cameras from Trail Pro cameras.I returned the cameras within the 90 days no question ask policy.But told them the reason why i was returnning them and was no problem.Then i upgraded to the reconyxs just waiting on them now.The guys at trail cam pro were nice to work with,,,