Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

new cameras

Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had any cams stolen myself. I know everyone around our 300acres and they are all good people. No leases with unknown people.
The reason why I'm not a fan of Moultrie is because I had problems (whiteout) with my original M60 which was a flash cam and the customer service I received was HORRIBLE to get it replaced which they did with a reburb I40 IR cam. It took horrible IR pics (very grainy) so I contacted them one day after receiving it and they basically told me to take a flying leap. They weren't going to stand behind the refurb even though my original cam was only 8months old. I've swore off their cams after that incident.
I'm saving for a Reconyx for my next cam but I'm very happy with my 2 Cudde Captures and 1 HCO Scoutguard SG550.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Spike

I just started using cams this year. I have 4 wildgame innovations IR4's. They take nice pics day and night, but the trigger time is slower than I would like. It's illegal to bait here, so I get a lot of pics of the hind end of the deer, or they are just out of good pic range by the time it takes the pic. Follow the advice about the brush! I got 250 pics in 3 days once because of high winds moving the branches around constantly, and about 75 pics of blackbird flocks that like to land in the branches around my camera.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pnut
I haven't had any cams stolen myself. I know everyone around our 300acres and they are all good people. No leases with unknown people.
The reason why I'm not a fan of Moultrie is because I had problems (whiteout) with my original M60 which was a flash cam and the customer service I received was HORRIBLE to get it replaced which they did with a reburb I40 IR cam. It took horrible IR pics (very grainy) so I contacted them one day after receiving it and they basically told me to take a flying leap. They weren't going to stand behind the refurb even though my original cam was only 8months old. I've swore off their cams after that incident.
I'm saving for a Reconyx for my next cam but I'm very happy with my 2 Cudde Captures and 1 HCO Scoutguard SG550.

I hear ya about there customer service, it really really really really stinks, did I mention it STINKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but I got my issue resolved after making a hobby out of the one customer service rep that I got his email, but once they exchanged my I40 because it would not take color day pics after the 2nd one they sent me brand new with a brand new I60 it has been fine, even tho it came when the leaves started to fall, but since then all of my moultries have been great, specially the D55IR and D55 flash
Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
With more and more cameras coming to the market every year, it can become quite confusing on what to buy. Here are two websites that have great reviews on many of the cameras that are available. Check them out and see what you think.

www.trailcampro.com

www.chasingame.com

Blessings.....Pastorjim
+1 to trail cam pro - awesome site.

i have 2 IR's and 1 flash - i honestly don't think the white flash bothers them (maybe even less than the IR), because the past 2 years i've had several pictures of deer (mainly bucks, and mature bucks too) bedded right in front of the flash camera (for multiple pictures, it doesn't scare them away. only 1 picture that i can think of with a buck bedded in front of the IR, and it was a long ways away in the summer where you just see the deer in the background.

Also, there is a nice 8/10pt that i've gotten pictures of with an IR camera this year, and every single time he is staring down the camera from quite a distance away, when other deer don't seem to notice it at all.

good luck with you cameras, welcome to getting addicted!